The Student Room Group

Record player in uni

I just got accepted into the Uni of Manchester (first choice yay!) and I really want to bring my record player and vinyl but I'm not sure if that's a thing people do? Lol let me know if you're someone who's brought their player and whether it was worth it / if you use it at uni.
Original post by Anonymous
I just got accepted into the Uni of Manchester (first choice yay!) and I really want to bring my record player and vinyl but I'm not sure if that's a thing people do? Lol let me know if you're someone who's brought their player and whether it was worth it / if you use it at uni.

Hi there,
Congrats on getting into your first choice uni! If it's a home comfort and you're able to take it, I'd definitely consider it. The only other thing you may want to consider is space - both in terms of transporting it to uni and fitting it in your room, alongside all of your vinyls as well.

- Sophie
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer! In terms of your question, I don't see why not? If collecting vinyl records and playing them on record player is your interest, don't give it up as you may find people who like them as well in your flat. As a matter of fact, the student union at some universities might have vintage sale sometimes where you are able to find some good valued records!

One of my former flatmates actually got into the habit of collecting vinyl records after he started university and I can often hear him playing out music with the record player in his room which was a pretty interesting experience for me.

Hope this answers the doubt you have,
Sophia
:smile:
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending