The Student Room Group
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Birkbeck,lectures & time

Hi,

hope anyone that see this is having a good evening/morning.

I got accepted to do Biomedicine and I'm aware that the lectures at from 6pm-9pm.

Is that actually the case?
I know this is a silly question,it says on the website that's the case for all undergraduate courses,I'm just shocked (in a good way)

Originally,I wanted to go to medicine(going to go through Biomedicine first then medicine)
and of course I was prepared for some days to be the "full school day" 9:00am-4-5pm".

So I'm surprised to hear that it's only 3hours.

So does all undergraduate course/timetable is from 6pm-9pm?

(And yes I am aware its a night university but I was expecting you know late afternoon e.g 4 or 5 to 9pm)

●Also, anyone that does Biomedicine,

A)do you get a copy of lecture slides before or after the lecture?

B)Are you automatically given lecture slides or do you have to ask?

- because I'm saving for a tablet and I want to go from traditional notetaking to digital
BUT it would save me so much time if I can simply have the lecture slides.

Then I don't have to make notes,compared to A-levels,
I can actually focus on what my professor/teacher is saying rather than stressing and try to write down all the info.

I can just annotate/add any extra points ONTO my copy of the lecture slide like my OWN EDITED VERSION of the slide.
That would be so awesome! Weirdly, some of my teachers would allow us to have our own copy of class slide and get annoyed if we weren't writing notes but thinking back it would be more helpful if I simply had a copy of the slides (since that what my notes were based on) & I sometimes *cough Chemistry
Wouldn't understand what I was writing because I was more focused on getting the information written down rather than understanding it and absorbing.So when I go home and review only then I understood.

Sorry this was really long😅.
I'll appreciate any response,please make time.
Thank you 😊

●Oh uhm let's say you finish classes/lecture at 9pm.Are you allowed to stay at the university to study for an hour or two e.g10pm-11pm to study or will be told to leave?

Because I don't know if they close the university after 9pm.
There are some days I would like to stay for am extra 2hours (rather than going home)
(I can either walk or take the bus home,so it's not bad for me if I travel late)
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

hope anyone that see this is having a good evening/morning.

I got accepted to do Biomedicine and I'm aware that the lectures at from 6pm-9pm.

Is that actually the case?
I know this is a silly question,it says on the website that's the case for all undergraduate courses,I'm just shocked (in a good way)

Originally,I wanted to go to medicine(going to go through Biomedicine first then medicine)
and of course I was prepared for some days to be the "full school day" 9:00am-4-5pm".

So I'm surprised to hear that it's only 3hours.

So does all undergraduate course/timetable is from 6pm-9pm?

(And yes I am aware its a night university but I was expecting you know late afternoon e.g 4 or 5 to 9pm)

●Also, anyone that does Biomedicine,

A)do you get a copy of lecture slides before or after the lecture?

B)Are you automatically given lecture slides or do you have to ask?

- because I'm saving for a tablet and I want to go from traditional notetaking to digital
BUT it would save me so much time if I can simply have the lecture slides.

Then I don't have to make notes,compared to A-levels,
I can actually focus on what my professor/teacher is saying rather than stressing and try to write down all the info.

I can just annotate/add any extra points ONTO my copy of the lecture slide like my OWN EDITED VERSION of the slide.
That would be so awesome! Weirdly, some of my teachers would allow us to have our own copy of class slide and get annoyed if we weren't writing notes but thinking back it would be more helpful if I simply had a copy of the slides (since that what my notes were based on) & I sometimes *cough Chemistry
Wouldn't understand what I was writing because I was more focused on getting the information written down rather than understanding it and absorbing.So when I go home and review only then I understood.

Sorry this was really long😅.
I'll appreciate any response,please make time.
Thank you 😊

●Oh uhm let's say you finish classes/lecture at 9pm.Are you allowed to stay at the university to study for an hour or two e.g10pm-11pm to study or will be told to leave?

Because I don't know if they close the university after 9pm.
There are some days I would like to stay for am extra 2hours (rather than going home)
(I can either walk or take the bus home,so it's not bad for me if I travel late)

-I meant would NOT allow us a copy of their slides.

-I wondering if the teachers at Birkbeck allows students to have a digital copy of their lecture slides because that's helpful.

-also,for any Biomedicine students that sees this.How is the teacher and what do you think so far?
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending