The Student Room Group
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Official Birkbeck, University of London freshers 2023 chat

Hello and welcome to all the Birkbeck, University of London Freshers of 2023! :hello:

You made it through your exams, results day has been and gone, and now you finally know where you’ll be headed in just a few weeks! :thumbsup:

This is a place where you can introduce yourself, meet other students who’ll be joining you at university, and make a few friends even before you arrive! :yeah:

So to kick off, why not introduce yourself with:
What course you’ll be studying
What you like doing in your spare time
What you’re most looking forward to about studying at Birkbeck, University of London

Only share as much information as you wish.
In this forum, you can post anonymously if you tick the box at the bottom. :smile:

Finally, a few useful threads you might want to take a look at to help you prepare:
Remember to update your student finance application - The Student Room

Good luck everyone and a massive WELL DONE for everything you have achieved!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone doing Computing BSc?
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London
Reply 2
Original post by afg1
Anyone doing Computing BSc?

I'm going to study data science and computing bsc!
Reply 3
Original post by Sana904
I'm going to study data science and computing bsc!

Me too!
Hmm where are the other Birkbeck newbies? Not on TSR? Who's going to the Birkbeck Cinema event tomorrow?
Reply 5
Original post by lnaya
Me too!

Are you excited? And are you doing full time?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm where are the other Birkbeck newbies? Not on TSR? Who's going to the Birkbeck Cinema event tomorrow?

I'm not sure if I'll go. Idk. I don't know anyone and I think I'm too awkward
Reply 7
(Original post by Sana904)Are you excited? And are you doing full time?

yep im doing full time! hbu?
Original post by Sana904
I'm not sure if I'll go. Idk. I don't know anyone and I think I'm too awkward

You're not the only one haha.. I haven't met anyone from Birkbeck IN PERSON yet, because I've only been joining the online stuff these past few days. Actually I don't think I'll go to the Birkbeck Cinema event because I've watched that film already.. However, I might go to the Students' Union Welcome event (meeting?) at 3pm tomorrow.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
You're not the only one haha.. I haven't met anyone from Birkbeck IN PERSON yet, because I've only been joining the online stuff these past few days. Actually I don't think I'll go to the Birkbeck Cinema event because I've watched that film already.. However, I might go to the Students' Union Welcome event (meeting?) at 3pm tomorrow.

Do you know what that event is about? I wasn't sure about going since I dont know 😅 I've only met one person so far too 😭
Reply 10
Original post by lnaya
(Original post by Sana904)Are you excited? And are you doing full time?

yep im doing full time! hbu?

I'm doing full time as well. Tomorrow first online class
Reply 11
are you guys school leavers or mature students?
Reply 12
Original post by Sana904
I'm doing full time as well. Tomorrow first online class

yh idk if i'm ready 😥 how old r u if u dont mind me asking lol I think the age group for our course is quite mixed 😅
Reply 13
Original post by afg1
are you guys school leavers or mature students?

Well I just turned 22 a week ago and finished my level three in July this year so idk if I should say mature or school leave 👾
Reply 14
Original post by lnaya
yh idk if i'm ready 😥 how old r u if u dont mind me asking lol I think the age group for our course is quite mixed 😅

I just turned 22 last week and yes I understand its quite mixed lol I saw many age groups during induction last week. How old are you?
Reply 15
Original post by Sana904
I just turned 22 last week and yes I understand its quite mixed lol I saw many age groups during induction last week. How old are you?

I turned 18 two months ago 😭
Reply 16
Oh wow 😂
Are you going to the movie tomorrow?
Reply 17
Original post by Sana904
Oh wow 😂
Are you going to the movie tomorrow?

I'm not sure yet, probably not tho I've already seen the film 😅 I'm going to be around bbk for most of the day tho
Original post by lnaya
Do you know what that event is about? I wasn't sure about going since I dont know 😅 I've only met one person so far too 😭

If I remember correctly it's one of the opportunities for the student union representatives to introduce themselves to newbies. I wanna go because I can just sit quietly at the back (or make new friends if I'm up for it). I'm sure you'll be fine eventually. It's normal to feel anxious.
Original post by lnaya

Oh by the way, apart from getting to know the representatives, I think it would be good for me to attend because I hope to get the full university experience (instead of keeping myself away from student activities). Before the term gets busier, better see what others are up to lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending