The Student Room Group

Student Finance Exception Courses

Hi,

What are the part-time courses that are eligible as an exception course? I am looking to do sports science.
Original post by johnyboy12345
Hi,

What are the part-time courses that are eligible as an exception course? I am looking to do sports science.

Hi there, Here is a list of the Part Time exception courses:
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Here is a list of the Part Time exception courses:
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Thanks, Angela

Hi,

Thanks so much for clarifying. Does the course that I want to do need to have the exact same name as the one you listed? Sports science would be part of the exemption courses or not?
Hi,

Thanks so much for clarifying. Does the course that I want to do need to have the exact same name as the one you listed? Sports science would be part of the exemption courses or not?

Hi there,

If you confirm the course name, university, start date and how long the course is, we can check this on the system for you.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

If you confirm the course name, university, start date and how long the course is, we can check this on the system for you.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi,

Okay sure.

I applied for two back up courses as well in case I do not get accepted on my first choice.

Do these two courses apply as exception courses.

COMPUTING BSc (Hons) Birkbeck University Oct 2023 4 years

PSYCHOLOGY BSc (Hons) Birkbeck University Oct 2023 4 years
Hi,

Okay sure.

I applied for two back up courses as well in case I do not get accepted on my first choice.

Do these two courses apply as exception courses.

COMPUTING BSc (Hons) Birkbeck University Oct 2023 4 years

PSYCHOLOGY BSc (Hons) Birkbeck University Oct 2023 4 years

Hi there,

Do you mean Birkbeck College?

COMPUTING BSc (Hons) Birkbeck University Oct 2023 4 years - Part time course shows for 3 years and is eligible

PSYCHOLOGY BSc (Hons) Birkbeck University Oct 2023 4 years - Part time course shows also for 3 years and is eligible

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Hi there,

COMPUTING BSc (Hons) Birkbeck University Oct 2023 4 years - Part time course shows for 3 years and is eligible

PSYCHOLOGY BSc (Hons) Birkbeck University Oct 2023 4 years - Part time course shows also for 3 years and is eligible

Thanks,
Claire

Hi,

I am sure the name is birkbeck university of London.

https://www.bbk.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/psychology 4 years part-time starting October 2023

https://www.bbk.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/computing 4 years part-time starting October 2023

I hope this helps can you confirm these two courses are eligible as they are 4 years and not 3 years?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 7
Hi,

I am sure the name is birkbeck university of London.

https://www.bbk.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/psychology 4 years part-time starting October 2023

https://www.bbk.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/computing 4 years part-time starting October 2023

I hope this helps can you confirm these two courses are eligible as they are 4 years and not 3 years?

Hi there,

Thanks,
Claire

Hi,

Can you confirm the courses shown in the link are eligible and for the correct university?
Hi,

Can you confirm the courses shown in the link are eligible and for the correct university?

Hi there,

On our system Birkbeck College is the only match for these details, is it part of a franchise with another university?

When you made your application online what university did you select?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 9
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

On our system Birkbeck College is the only match for these details, is it part of a franchise with another university?

When you made your application online what university did you select?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,

Okay have you checked the link I shared so you can see which university it is and maybe see if it is a franchise or something similar. I haven't applied for funding yet until I received the confirmation I got accepted. Since Psychology is an exception course wouldn't it be eligible for funding if the course is 4 years. Is it possible birkbeck college and birkbeck university are the same institution?

Does the university itself affect the eligibility of the course?
Hi,

Okay have you checked the link I shared so you can see which university it is and maybe see if it is a franchise or something similar. I haven't applied for funding yet until I received the confirmation I got accepted. Since Psychology is an exception course wouldn't it be eligible for funding if the course is 4 years. Is it possible birkbeck college and birkbeck university are the same institution?

Does the university itself affect the eligibility of the course?

Hi there, They are 2 different institutions, this indicates that the course is eligible for funding with Birkbeck College only. Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, They are 2 different institutions, this indicates that the course is eligible for funding with Birkbeck College only. Thanks, Angela

Hi,

I asked Birkbeck University about this and they confirmed that on SFE they are listed as Birkbeck College. I hope that clears it up and confirms I am eligible for funding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending