The Student Room Group

A levels

I'm from Pakistan I have done matriculation from there. We have moved to uk.I have no gcse also I'm 16+. I want to study medicine. But I don't know anything because we recently came here. Also what are the best options for me right now.
Salaam dost, I would suggest you contacting the universities about what they exactly need, if not you could do your GCSEs here then your a levels
Reply 2
hey im in year 13 and was in the situation as you there are some universities who wont mind you not having gcse but you will have to do gcse english language along your a levels and get at least a grade 4 then you would need to ace your ucat.
University of newcastle
bristol university
Hull york univerity
these are some that do accept but you should email every university you wanna apply to to confirm.
Reply 3
Original post by nemoiiiii
hey im in year 13 and was in the situation as you there are some universities who wont mind you not having gcse but you will have to do gcse english language along your a levels and get at least a grade 4 then you would need to ace your ucat.
University of newcastle
bristol university
Hull york univerity
these are some that do accept but you should email every university you wanna apply to to confirm.

Thanks for your reply. I am actually doing a levels right now along with GCSEs maths and English😊
Sorry for the late reply but I'm in y12 aiming for 2025 entry into either medicine or dentistry. I've done highschool and primary school in england so I don't know how helpful this may be but
For studying in england, most universities require Biology and Chemistry A-Level. For studying in scotland I believe the requirements are Physics and Chemistry (I'm not too sure as I've mainly looked at studying in England). They also require a minimum GCSE grade 6 in English Language and Math (some have minimum grade 5).
I've also heard about pathways into medicine through GAMSAT but I'm not sure if that would apply to you (graduate entry medicine).
I'd recommend doing your own research on the UCAS website.
Other websites I'd recommend are:
medify (UCAT prep)
Medical Schools Council
medicmentor
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Saira bano
Thanks for your reply. I am actually doing a levels right now along with GCSEs maths and English😊

good luck its not that difficult just do regular practice and you will be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending