The Student Room Group

Is it only Cambridge that asks for UMS(or raw marks)?

Oxford doesn't ask for it for sure.

I wonder what's the case for UCL, Edinburgh, St Andrews, KCL, Bath, Bristol, etc
(edited 2 months ago)
Are you taking international A levels?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Are you taking international A levels?

Nope, A levels in England.
Original post by yoadto
Nope, A levels in England.

Then you won’t have UMS or raw marks. Your grade will be based 100% on your assessment at the end of your A levels
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Then you won’t have UMS or raw marks. Your grade will be based 100% on your assessment at the end of your A levels

Do you mean even for Cambridge, A levels in England won't be able to provide UMS?

Cambridge 'My Cambridge Application' asks for UMS and it doesn't ask whether it's International A Levels or not.

On the other hand, does your question imply that Russell group unis ask for UMS if I took International A Levels?
Original post by yoadto
Do you mean even for Cambridge, A levels in England won't be able to provide UMS?

Cambridge 'My Cambridge Application' asks for UMS and it doesn't ask whether it's International A Levels or not.

On the other hand, does your question imply that Russell group unis ask for UMS if I took International A Levels?

If you don’t have UMS (which English A levels don’t) then you can’t provide it.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
If you don’t have UMS (which English A levels don’t) then you can’t provide it.

Really? I didn't know that! That's very interesting that those who don't do English A levels may get an advantage if their scores are higher, or the other way around if the score is lower.

I'm planning to self-study via NEC(Edexcel) and Oxbridge Home Learning(AQA). These are English A levels, not International ones, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending