The Student Room Group

Friends at university

Is it easy to make friends at university? I was bullied a lot at secondary and even in sixth form, I know it sounds sad but I don't want to spend my university years alone. Hopefully people are nice to me.
Reply 1
Student going on to do their masters here!
I found it quite easy to make friends due to being put in groups and having a small class.
I would say that their is a high chance you will make friends in your own courses. You might even make friends in your flat!
I would not stress too much about it as you will make friends naturally from sitting next to people, class group chats and doing group work.
Also, don't stress if the people you go to freshers with don't end up being your best mates. I went to freshers with people on completely different courses and having really spoken to them much.
Wishing you all the best!
Anya
Reply 2
Original post by Etoile2004
Is it easy to make friends at university? I was bullied a lot at secondary and even in sixth form, I know it sounds sad but I don't want to spend my university years alone. Hopefully people are nice to me.

Another note: Uni is so diverse so you're bound to find your people there!
Original post by Etoile2004

Hiya,

Wishing you the best of luck with your university journey 🎓

Naturally, it is very daunting starting university - with new people, new academics, in a potentially new city! But there are going to be so many other first year students going through the same experience as you, so you definitely won’t be alone.

From my experience, I made friends with people I lived with in accommodation, going to social events, speaking and working with people on my course, and also working as a student ambassador and at the Students’ Union 😊 There are so many ways to get talking with other uni students, so if one way doesn't work, there is always another!

Enjoy every moment with your uni experience,

Jemma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending