The Student Room Group

Is Graduate Entry Dentistry worth it?

I recently got onto a Biomed course but have thought about dentistry however I'm not sure if I have the right a levels and grades as I got A*(business) B(psychology) and a C (biology) but I didnt do chemistry and I'm still quite unsure what I want to do in the future
Original post by Ash12379
I recently got onto a Biomed course but have thought about dentistry however I'm not sure if I have the right a levels and grades as I got A*(business) B(psychology) and a C (biology) but I didnt do chemistry and I'm still quite unsure what I want to do in the future

I wouldn't recommend going to the graduate pathway. I am trying for a 5th time as a graduate with a PhD. It is very competitive. I would suggest to either do a gap year or go abroad.
Minimum grade requirements for Dent is 3As with most saying Chemistry is a must - you can only apply to King's College London and Plymouth with your A-level choices. So your either options are to take a gap year and resit (some dental schools don't accept resits or would require A* AA grades) as well as maybe taking Biology a-level to boost your chances or take a biomed course and going into GED (which like greekdentist said is very competitive). It's also worth considering international courses like Bulgaria which apparently have very low grade requirements...
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by toothysmile
Minimum grade requirements for Dent is 3As with most saying Chemistry is a must - you can only apply to King's College London and Plymouth with your A-level choices. So your either options are to take a gap year and resit (some dental schools don't accept resits or would require A* AA grades) as well as maybe taking Biology a-level to boost your chances or take a biomed course and going into GED (which like greekdentist said is very competitive). It's also worth considering international courses like Bulgaria which apparently have very low grade requirements...

Thanks for replying I'm just thinking if dentistry is worth it as I have considered physician associate studies instead

Quick Reply

Latest