The Student Room Group

Plymouth Dentistry 2024 Entry

Welcome to the Plymouth Dentistry 2024 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
do u think i should apply here
predicted: A*AA
ucat: 2580 b3
gcses are good mostly 9s and 8s

if not plymouth then where else?
Reply 2
Hey, i'm thinking of applying here aswell I got 2670 b2 with A*AA predicted but also thinking of cardiff and liverpool as i think they are a bit more favourable to a lower ucat in comparison to like mcr or bristol
Hi guys, was just doing some research and the cut off for 2023 entry was around 2650 and was a huge jump from the previous year’s cut off. Does anyone believe that another huge jump in UCAT cut off will be likely ? Or was it just the odd high increase due to the previous year’s applicants grade inflations?
Reply 4
Original post by basicbrowngirl
Hi guys, was just doing some research and the cut off for 2023 entry was around 2650 and was a huge jump from the previous year’s cut off. Does anyone believe that another huge jump in UCAT cut off will be likely ? Or was it just the odd high increase due to the previous year’s applicants grade inflations?

Most likely due to the inflation of grades but it just depends on the cohort applying, anything could happen but I doubt there’ll be another big jump
Reply 5
Original post by Ibbethy
Most likely due to the inflation of grades but it just depends on the cohort applying, anything could happen but I doubt there’ll be another big jump

Hey, so would it be risky applying there with 2770 B2, I noticed last years jump was like 150 :frown:? I'm a contextual applicant tho so hopefully that helps
Reply 6
Original post by Smile_X
Hey, so would it be risky applying there with 2770 B2, I noticed last years jump was like 150 :frown:? I'm a contextual applicant tho so hopefully that helps

Think you should be very safe with that
Do you think 2670, B1 is risky ?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 8
HI there, I'm apply with A*A*A* predicted and UCAT of 2550 band 3. Would it be risky to apply?. GCSES 9998877665
(edited 7 months ago)
2430 band 1… risky?
Reply 10
Original post by Sakiryu
HI there, I'm apply with A*A*A* predicted and UCAT of 2550 band 3. Would it be risky to apply?. GCSES 9998877665

Id say try your luck at Leeds, Cardiff, Liverpool or Dundee
Reply 11
Original post by Ionomer
Welcome to the Plymouth Dentistry 2024 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

good luck
Reply 12
Original post by Dentistryyyy
2430 band 1… risky?

2430 is very risky i think anywhwere
Reply 13
Original post by TalhaSaif
2430 is very risky i think anywhwere

No it’s not. Liverpool don’t have a cut-off, Cardiff interview a lot lower. There are options for low UCAT applicants. Leeds for example is worth a risk because no data is available and high UCAT applicants won’t want to risk a choice on it when they’ll definitely get interviews elsewhere, and it’s holistic. Dundee only put 40% onto UCAT. Belfast still a possibility if strong GCSE as it’s almost all based on those and very little on UCAT. Sheffield open day said strong GCSE can compensate for low UCAT. Birmingham too. Some universities recognise that UCAT scores might be based on high ability but might be lucky guesses, and with GCSE we all sit the same exam. Some look more at the type of person they’re going to train. All applications are a risk. Even a 3000 plus score to high UCAT universities is a risk. These scores only get you to the interview stage. Plymouth though is only looking at the UCAT so definitely risky. Although it’s not Russel Group which may deter some people.
Reply 14
Original post by Ibbethy
Id say try your luck at Leeds, Cardiff, Liverpool or Dundee

I see, okay thank you.
Reply 15
Is Plymouth risky with AAA achieved
Reply 16
anyone know if mmieasyprep is good mmi course for dentistry mmis. Or any other? I'm really stressing about preparation lol.
Reply 17
anyone have any guesses roughly what the ucat cutoff might be? do you think it'll increase again from last year
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162
And post your own application journey?
Reply 19
Original post by Jetjo123
No it’s not. Liverpool don’t have a cut-off, Cardiff interview a lot lower. There are options for low UCAT applicants. Leeds for example is worth a risk because no data is available and high UCAT applicants won’t want to risk a choice on it when they’ll definitely get interviews elsewhere, and it’s holistic. Dundee only put 40% onto UCAT. Belfast still a possibility if strong GCSE as it’s almost all based on those and very little on UCAT. Sheffield open day said strong GCSE can compensate for low UCAT. Birmingham too. Some universities recognise that UCAT scores might be based on high ability but might be lucky guesses, and with GCSE we all sit the same exam. Some look more at the type of person they’re going to train. All applications are a risk. Even a 3000 plus score to high UCAT universities is a risk. These scores only get you to the interview stage. Plymouth though is only looking at the UCAT so definitely risky. Although it’s not Russel Group which may deter some people.

if i applied to dundee from london would that mean that i wont get as high prority since its in scotland and theyll favour scottish applicants

Quick Reply

Latest