The Student Room Group

Liverpool Dentistry 2024 Entry

Welcome to the Liverpool Dentistry 2024 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Hi there!

If you have any questions about the University of Liverpool, or the city itself then feel free to ask me :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
what would u guys like to see in a personal statement specific to dentistry (specifically work experience and enthusiasm to the course )
what is required to get an interview? what does the uni prioritise -- ps, ucat score, etc.?
Reply 4
Original post by jo_george_ii
what would u guys like to see in a personal statement specific to dentistry (specifically work experience and enthusiasm to the course )

hey im going Liverpool this sept, they like to see work experience, it would be ideal to mention for how long you did it, if it's above a week (idk I felt as if it made my ps stand out) and of course u need to mention enthusiasm and how ur suited to do dentistry, stand out!
Reply 5
Original post by huzzah2
what is required to get an interview? what does the uni prioritise -- ps, ucat score, etc.?

im not quite so sure but u can usually find a checklist online which mentions what Liverpool prefers and it should be on their website
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 7
Hey, i was also wanting to ask the same question as i have a similar UCAT to you 2670 and predicted/gcses but band 2 and i was thinking of applying to places like cardiff and QUB. As qub especially, score your gcses as well as ucat into like a combined score i.e. 9= 4 points 7/8=3 points etc and ucat is put into different bands like top band i think is 2900+ get 6 points and next is 2700-2899= 5 points so with good gcses you stand a very good chance of getting an interview.
Do you think a score 2520 band 2 sjt as a graduate will be fine for liverpool?
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there!

If you have any questions about the University of Liverpool, or the city itself then feel free to ask me :smile:

Hi,

I've read the admissions document for 2023 because the 2024 one wouldn't work and it says that you need original GCSE certificates and letters from schools and exam boards are not accepted. I have not got my GCSE certificates as they are lost. Can I just not come to Liverpool now?

Thanks
Reply 10
Hi there I am predicted A*A*A* in A-levels ang got 2550 band 3 UCAT. I have taken 3 work experiences (2 Dental and 1 pharmacy) + some virtual work experiences. I got 9998877664 in GCSES what are my chances of getting an interview?
Reply 11
Original post by Sakiryu
Hi there I am predicted A*A*A* in A-levels ang got 2550 band 3 UCAT. I have taken 3 work experiences (2 Dental and 1 pharmacy) + some virtual work experiences. I got 9998877664 in GCSES what are my chances of getting an interview?

I was at the openday yesterday. They said they check to make sure you meet the minimum GCSE. eg) Maths + English grades plus Sciences.If you don’t have the minimum they’ll reject you. Then predicted A levels. Again if you do t have minimum they’ll reject you. After that they send everyone they’ve not rejected a questionnaire. Then they look at that questionnaire alongside your UCAT. So both together. No UCAT cut-off. They interview a %. Quite a big one. Last year they then offered 150 places and 90 people firmed them.
Reply 12
Original post by Jetjo123
I was at the openday yesterday. They said they check to make sure you meet the minimum GCSE. eg) Maths + English grades plus Sciences.If you don’t have the minimum they’ll reject you. Then predicted A levels. Again if you do t have minimum they’ll reject you. After that they send everyone they’ve not rejected a questionnaire. Then they look at that questionnaire alongside your UCAT. So both together. No UCAT cut-off. They interview a %. Quite a big one. Last year they then offered 150 places and 90 people firmed them.

Oh ok thank you very much.
Reply 13
Original post by EsaMA
Oh ok thank you very much.

No problem.
Original post by lotseylearns
Hi,

I've read the admissions document for 2023 because the 2024 one wouldn't work and it says that you need original GCSE certificates and letters from schools and exam boards are not accepted. I have not got my GCSE certificates as they are lost. Can I just not come to Liverpool now?

Thanks

Hi there,

If that is what the admissions documents say I would not like to advise that this is not the case. Instead, I would advise you to get in touch with the admissions team and see what they suggest, I'm as sure they will be able to resolve this for you.

Best of luck in your application.

Reply 15
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

If that is what the admissions documents say I would not like to advise that this is not the case. Instead, I would advise you to get in touch with the admissions team and see what they suggest, I'm as sure they will be able to resolve this for you.

Best of luck in your application.

At the openday Saturday. They said you must have the originals. They said lots don’t collect them from school and she advised to do so bc without them you can’t proceed.
Original post by Jetjo123
At the openday Saturday. They said you must have the originals. They said lots don’t collect them from school and she advised to do so bc without them you can’t proceed.

Hi there,

Thanks for adding this useful piece of information!

When do you start interviewing
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162
And post your own application journey?
Original post by Dara caramel
When do you start interviewing

Hi there,

Once the UCAS deadline has closed applications will begin to be examined, and the timing of the interview process will differ depending on the number of applicants and the time required to assess them. Sorry I can't be more exact on this.

Quick Reply

Latest