The Student Room Group

QUB Dentistry 2024 entry

Welcome to the Queen's University Belfast Dentistry 2024 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is there a decent chance for interview call for Scottish highers AAAAB and UCAT 2840?
Original post by akkanodia
Is there a decent chance for interview call for Scottish highers AAAAB and UCAT 2840?

Going into first year at QUB for dentistry here. Based on your stats you would get 39 points, I believe last year the cutoff was 38 or 39 points, so assuming the cutoff doesn’t increase you should be relatively safe
Original post by Aspiringdentist6
Going into first year at QUB for dentistry here. Based on your stats you would get 39 points, I believe last year the cutoff was 38 or 39 points, so assuming the cutoff doesn’t increase you should be relatively safe

Where did you get this information from? I thought the cut off was around 33? 38 seems quite high. Good luck for your first year!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by basicbrowngirl
Where did you get this information from? I thought the cut off was around 33? 38 seems quite high. Good luck for your first year!

Correction, cut-off was 37. If you look at the thread for QUB dentistry 2023 entry, someone emailed them for the cutoff, and they said 37
wow that has gone up since 2022 by quite a bit compared to the other years 😳 do you think 38 points is safe as I believe I have strong GCSEs (majority 9s) but an average to above average UCAT score which comes to 38 points.
Correction, cut-off was 37. If you look at the thread for QUB dentistry 2023 entry, someone emailed them for the cutoff, and they said 37
Original post by basicbrowngirl
wow that has gone up since 2022 by quite a bit compared to the other years 😳 do you think 38 points is safe as I believe I have strong GCSEs (majority 9s) but an average to above average UCAT score which comes to 38 points.

Obviously it’d be hard for me to predict the cutoff for this year, but I would say u should still be somewhat safe with 38 points, as I can’t see it getting much higher if at all than last years 37
Reply 7
I suspect the sharply higher cut off last year (compared to earlier years) could be due to teacher assessed grades for the GCSE 2021 cohort with more top grades being awarded than ever before. Across 9 GCSE subjects, an extra 2 or 3 grade 9s rather than 8s resulted in extra QUB scoring. The current year cohort would mostly have sat GCSEs in the Summer of 2022, the first year of normal exams post covid. It could be that the cut off will fall - it would be odd for it to go up with that backdrop.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 8
Hi all
does the QUB publish the cutoff score before ucas deadline. my son score is 32 points and from what I see 37 cutoff make it impossible task to get interview. The problem is with avarage UCAT score we do not know safe options.
Reply 9

Hi! I was thinking of applying to QUB, how are you finding it so far? And were you an NI applicant?
Original post by ManUtd_21
Hi! I was thinking of applying to QUB, how are you finding it so far? And were you an NI applicant?

Hey, the city and course definitely has its pros and cons, so far the pace at which we have been learning content is quite a bit more than A levels( the opposite which occurs at a particular dental school… not naming any names)The city is also easily walkable ( albeit in a raincoat bc it rains like mad over here) so most of us walk to the different lectures from our accom. QUB regularly comes at the top of the dental leaderboards aswell, i believe it was 1st in the guardian rankings last year and 1st in times aswell this year( don’t quote me) which is just a testament to how the majority of the students feel about the course. I am not from NI so i was a bit apprehensive by firming QUB but I definitely feel like i made the right decision
Hey, the city and course definitely has its pros and cons, so far the pace at which we have been learning content is quite a bit more than A levels( the opposite which occurs at a particular dental school… not naming any names)The city is also easily walkable ( albeit in a raincoat bc it rains like mad over here) so most of us walk to the different lectures from our accom. QUB regularly comes at the top of the dental leaderboards aswell, i believe it was 1st in the guardian rankings last year and 1st in times aswell this year( don’t quote me) which is just a testament to how the majority of the students feel about the course. I am not from NI so i was a bit apprehensive by firming QUB but I definitely feel like i made the right decision

Thanks for the reply! That's great to hear
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162
And post your own application journey?
Reply 13
How do i know how many points I have? GCSE's are 99888888777 + D2 (three 9's, six 8's, three 7's and a level 2 distinction star.) Predicted A*AA (maths bio chem respectively) predicted A epq, B further maths AS achieved, UCAT 2690 Band 1.
Original post by limacus
How do i know how many points I have? GCSE's are 99888888777 + D2 (three 9's, six 8's, three 7's and a level 2 distinction star.) Predicted A*AA (maths bio chem respectively) predicted A epq, B further maths AS achieved, UCAT 2690 Band 1.

Read their 2024 admissions policy: https://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/MRCI/admissions/FileStore/Filetoupload,2041103,en.pdf
Reply 15
Has anyone received an interview yet?
Reply 16
Nope. When do you think they’ll be sent out?
Reply 17
Original post by Johndaly
Nope. When do you think they’ll be sent out?

Soon!! I was curious as I know some Medicine interviews had gone out last week. Their interview date is 14th Dec. So should be soon 🤞🏻
Has anyone received an interview yet ??
Original post by cmorgan3112
Has anyone received an interview yet ??

Yepp mines on the 18th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest