The Student Room Group

Burnt out - sensitive content

I'm really tired. I would do techniques that helped me get rest etc but it keeps on coming back ig. I'm not sure if I have high functioning anxiety or if I do but I don't want to misdiagnosed myself.

I'm pretty busy in life and balancing my life was easy at school for some reason. Currently it's the summer holidays and I have recently noticed how irritated I get or overwhelmed even. I think my home is a bit toxic so that may be the reason.

Does anyone have tips to get through this and how to properly get rest.

I'm going to do my gcses next year and I want to get my life in a better shape b4 then.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm really tired. I would do techniques that helped me get rest etc but it keeps on coming back ig. I'm not sure if I have high functioning anxiety or if I do but I don't want to misdiagnosed myself.

I'm pretty busy in life and balancing my life was easy at school for some reason. Currently it's the summer holidays and I have recently noticed how irritated I get or overwhelmed even. I think my home is a bit toxic so that may be the reason.

Does anyone have tips to get through this and how to properly get rest.

I'm going to do my gcses next year and I want to get my life in a better shape b4 then.

I would recommend starting with the basics like trying to keep a good routine (eg getting up, eating, sleeping at the same time every day). Try to sleep a good 8 hours, eat 3 meals a day and go out and do stuff regularly, don’t spend all day at home!
I went through the same thing and honestly the best thing for me was to sort out my routine and try to exercise or do one other productive thing every day, but also allow yourself to rest. Maybe start a hobby like crafts or sports or something to get away from your toxic home life too? I’m sorry that you have to do that, but if it’s brining you down, your well-being is more important. I hope you feel better soon!
Reply 2
Original post by LittleFire10
I would recommend starting with the basics like trying to keep a good routine (eg getting up, eating, sleeping at the same time every day). Try to sleep a good 8 hours, eat 3 meals a day and go out and do stuff regularly, don’t spend all day at home!
I went through the same thing and honestly the best thing for me was to sort out my routine and try to exercise or do one other productive thing every day, but also allow yourself to rest. Maybe start a hobby like crafts or sports or something to get away from your toxic home life too? I’m sorry that you have to do that, but if it’s brining you down, your well-being is more important. I hope you feel better soon!

Yea thank you, I think the holidays I have been slacking off in terms of self-care for various reasons.

Unfortunately, the toxic side is probably hard to deal with. As my family all seem good until ig everyone bottles their emotions and stress gets to their head and yk their actions effect others. I have been writing stuff down to not bottle it up yk?

Thank you I rlly appreciate you taking your time to reply x
Hey, my love! One thing I'd really recommend, particularly for anxiety, L-theanine supplements. They don't completely eliminate anxiety, of course, but they take the edge off enough to make it manageable. They're not solely for anxiety sufferers, either :smile:

I definitely know what you mean about the holidays! As people, we enjoy a routine, and during the holidays, it makes it difficult to keep a good, balanced routine. You might find it helpful to do one thing (a self care type activity - be it yoga, exercise, a walk, painting, cater it to yourself) at the same time every day. You can gradually expand and add more things to build a healthy routine, but one thing is great to get started - thirty days to build a habit!

Good luck, and feel free to shoot me a message if ever you need.
Reply 4
Yea I do walking when the weather permits and it does help thank you xx
I'm just quite an overthinker - as well as a quite achiever 😅

Is it alright to have L-theanine in tea as this is more affordable😅 and my parents won't think of it as weird

Appreciate your help xx
Reply 5
An over achiever is what I meant haha
Original post by Anonymous
Yea I do walking when the weather permits and it does help thank you xx
I'm just quite an overthinker - as well as a quite achiever 😅

Is it alright to have L-theanine in tea as this is more affordable😅 and my parents won't think of it as weird

Appreciate your help xx

Haha, I totally get you!

Yeah, it probably does similar! It might be worth speaking to your parents about the anxiety you're experiencing - whilst it doesn't sort anything, it certainly helps if things go more south in the future. I'm certainly not saying they will, but if it ever gets to a point you're ''seriously'' struggling, it'll help they have a bit of history.
Reply 7
Original post by Xx_flowerpanda
Haha, I totally get you!

Yeah, it probably does similar! It might be worth speaking to your parents about the anxiety you're experiencing - whilst it doesn't sort anything, it certainly helps if things go more south in the future. I'm certainly not saying they will, but if it ever gets to a point you're ''seriously'' struggling, it'll help they have a bit of history.

Ig I could tell them at some point today as communication isn't an issue. But ig in my home country mental illness or stuff related is a negative stigma. And I'm worried as my parents have a lot to worry abt already - ig I don't want to add more onto their shoulders

Quick Reply

Latest