The Student Room Group

missed UoB accomodation booking what do i do??

has this happened to anyone else? im such an idiot i didn't check all my emails. idk im just so scared rn I've been stressing the whole day because i planned on going to maple bank and now i know i wont get in. does anyone know what will happen?
Original post by sticklobster
has this happened to anyone else? im such an idiot i didn't check all my emails. idk im just so scared rn I've been stressing the whole day because i planned on going to maple bank and now i know i wont get in. does anyone know what will happen?

I would call them on Monday to see if they could help you, especially if there's any cancellations
Reply 2
Original post by KA_P
I would call them on Monday to see if they could help you, especially if there's any cancellations

yeah they told me more info would be sent to me on monday 😫😫 thank you though
yeah they told me more info would be sent to me on monday 😫😫 thank you though

You've got this :hugs:
Reply 4
Original post by KA_P
You've got this :hugs:

wait im sorry to ask but, does this mean there's a chance i could not get a place at any dorm? they told me im off the guarantee scheme so does that mean im not guaranteed a place anymore?? or i could get a place but not my preferred one
wait im sorry to ask but, does this mean there's a chance i could not get a place at any dorm? they told me im off the guarantee scheme so does that mean im not guaranteed a place anymore?? or i could get a place but not my preferred one

Could you just confirm whether the guarantee scheme refers to accomodation alone? There may be a small possibility of that happening, but it's extremely important to not get overwhelmed right now and to wait until you can get clarification on Monday
Reply 6

In the meantime you could try and look for alternative accommodation that's in a similar area - it doesn't necessarily have to be the university's own accommodation but it could be by a separate student accommodation company? You could also email to ask if there's any space anywhere else or be put on a waiting list?
Reply 7
Original post by KA_P
Could you just confirm whether the guarantee scheme refers to accomodation alone? There may be a small possibility of that happening, but it's extremely important to not get overwhelmed right now and to wait until you can get clarification on Monday

yes the guarantee scheme refers to accomodation
yes the guarantee scheme refers to accomodation

As advised in the image attached, they'll check for availability or provide support for you to look for private accomodation if there's no availability. However, it's more than likely that they would have availability, but if not you would definitely have the option of private accomodation
Reply 9
Original post by KA_P
As advised in the image attached, they'll check for availability or provide support for you to look for private accomodation if there's no availability. However, it's more than likely that they would have availability, but if not you would definitely have the option of private accomodation

alright then thank you
Reply 10

Maybe have a conversation with the accommodation people I'm sure they'll put you somewhere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending