The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton accommodation move in

I can't find anywhere where to book my move in slot for southampton accom ANYWHERE.
I emailed the other day asking about online induction, but they told me to focus on booking a slot but I can't find where to do it?
Am I being blind and can someone help me find it, or is it just not available yet?
Reply 1
Whats a move in slot?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
So when you actually move in to accommodation, you have to book a date and (I think) time when youre going to be there to move in, the email told me I need to focus on sorting that out but I can't find anywhere online how to do it
Reply 3
Original post by ofgrace15
So when you actually move in to accommodation, you have to book a date and (I think) time when youre going to be there to move in, the email told me I need to focus on sorting that out but I can't find anywhere online how to do it

I was not told about that. Although, ive only just enrolled.
Reply 4
Original post by JaCey04
I was not told about that. Although, ive only just enrolled.

I qas going through the process of enrolling, but i thought they needed your flat number to enrol and they havent given us them yet?
Reply 5
I qas going through the process of enrolling, but i thought they needed your flat number to enrol and they havent given us them yet?

If you read the bit above it, they say you can leave it blank as it has not yet been assigned. Also, where did you hear about a "move-in slot?"
Reply 6

Original post by lucas_b
If you read the bit above it, they say you can leave it blank as it has not yet been assigned. Also, where did you hear about a "move-in slot?"

On the accommodation portal, on the front page it says that you will book a move in slot and complete your induction on the portal, and when i emailed the accommodation helpline asking about induction rhey said to focus on booking a slot, but I cannot find anywhere where to do that :/
Reply 7
Original post by lucas_b

Also thank you, I thought i was being thorough with reading all the text but i guess i missed that part about the flat numbers haha
Reply 8
Glad its not just us who can't find it! My sons say there is very little on the accommodation portal and certainly not the Induction thing. They wonder whether it is that we wont have the actual flat/room number until the 6th September? Maybe it will magically appear after that?
Reply 9
Original post by Twinmum04
Glad its not just us who can't find it! My sons say there is very little on the accommodation portal and certainly not the Induction thing. They wonder whether it is that we wont have the actual flat/room number until the 6th September? Maybe it will magically appear after that?

When I emailed the accommodation helpline they told me that the induction will go online shortly before the flat numbers are released. But they told me to focus on booking a slot for now but thats not on the portal either! Please let me know if you hear any different!
Reply 10
When I emailed the accommodation helpline they told me that the induction will go online shortly before the flat numbers are released. But they told me to focus on booking a slot for now but thats not on the portal either! Please let me know if you hear any different!

My son did all the enrolling things he needed to do and that gave him his uni e mail address. One of the first e mails has what looks like the Induction so might be worth checking that? No.sign of move in slots yet tho
Reply 11
same situation here - enrolled but no email from accomodation or student hub - just says rooms allocated on 6th September
Reply 12
Ok I've found an email about it all in the new Soton email account got when registering. Still says they will conatct us soon when the Induction and slot booking is live on the accomodation portal. there is also a link to a useful accomodation SharePoint site that has bed sizes etc!
Reply 13
Original post by WonStar
Ok I've found an email about it all in the new Soton email account got when registering. Still says they will conatct us soon when the Induction and slot booking is live on the accomodation portal. there is also a link to a useful accomodation SharePoint site that has bed sizes etc!

I've also found out that laundry is free at Glen Eyre! yay!
Reply 14
Original post by WonStar
I've also found out that laundry is free at Glen Eyre! yay!

Also Laundry detergent and fabric conditioner are included! Students have it so easy these days!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending