The Student Room Group

How do I get rid of my double chin?

It's really annoying because I'm 47kg and I don't think that's overweight for an 18yr old who's 5'3 so why do I have a double chin? Is it just genetics? When I have looked up how to get rid of your double chin it always says to loose weight but do I need to if I'm 47kg? Is that the only way I will get rid of it?
Original post by Anonymous
It's really annoying because I'm 47kg and I don't think that's overweight for an 18yr old who's 5'3 so why do I have a double chin? Is it just genetics? When I have looked up how to get rid of your double chin it always says to loose weight but do I need to if I'm 47kg? Is that the only way I will get rid of it?

Everyone has a double chin, it won't fully go away, however if it's a rather drastic double chin compared to the rest of your body, I'd maybe talk to a doctor as it could be medical, but remember, there's nothing wrong with having a bit of a chin.
Reply 2
Your BMI already puts you in the underweight category so no, losing more weight would not be a good idea. It might be that you do store more fat in that area due to genes but there is no guarantee that if you were to lose weight, you would lose it from your chin anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest