The Student Room Group

i'm skinny ish? but have the biggest double chin and chubby cheeks

Apparently this is kinda common when I Google it or look on TikTok, but I'm struggling to find solutions.

I'm not like super skinny, but I'm on the slim side. I think I have a small face overall as I have big eyes and big lips. But my double chin is HUGE and my cheeks are so wide, especially when I smile I look like a fat chipmunk with stuffed cheeks. Apparently it's cute but I'm 21 I don't want to look like a cute chipmunk.

When I'm face on mouth shut you can't really see the double chin, at least I can't in a camera/mirror, but when I talk you can see it and FROM THE SIDE HOLY S*** I LOOK SO GROSS. My mouth rests open naturally which doesn't help and I have bad posture, but even if I try and straighten up my jawline is non existent, it's literally a diagonal line pretty much from my chin to my neck.

Does anyone know how to actually get rid of this? I'm trying to drink more water and use those plastic guasha things but nothing seems to be working. I'm going to try and only eat vegetables for a couple weeks and literally no sweet or salty stuff which I'll probs fail at, and see if that does anything. I also have no clue how to do mewing.

helppppp
Reply 1
OK wait actually I don't think I have chubby cheeks I TAKE THAT BACK I'm looking in the mirror rn and I think my face is actually quite slim IT'S JUST MY DUMB AZ CHIN!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 2
Original post by fudgeyx
Apparently this is kinda common when I Google it or look on TikTok, but I'm struggling to find solutions.

I'm not like super skinny, but I'm on the slim side. I think I have a small face overall as I have big eyes and big lips. But my double chin is HUGE and my cheeks are so wide, especially when I smile I look like a fat chipmunk with stuffed cheeks. Apparently it's cute but I'm 21 I don't want to look like a cute chipmunk.

When I'm face on mouth shut you can't really see the double chin, at least I can't in a camera/mirror, but when I talk you can see it and FROM THE SIDE HOLY S*** I LOOK SO GROSS. My mouth rests open naturally which doesn't help and I have bad posture, but even if I try and straighten up my jawline is non existent, it's literally a diagonal line pretty much from my chin to my neck.

Does anyone know how to actually get rid of this? I'm trying to drink more water and use those plastic guasha things but nothing seems to be working. I'm going to try and only eat vegetables for a couple weeks and literally no sweet or salty stuff which I'll probs fail at, and see if that does anything. I also have no clue how to do mewing.

helppppp

Original post by fudgeyx
OK wait actually I don't think I have chubby cheeks I TAKE THAT BACK I'm looking in the mirror rn and I think my face is actually quite slim IT'S JUST MY DUMB AZ CHIN!!!!!!!!!!

With due respect.

Why do you think about this? 🙂

Respect yourself. You are beautiful in every way. In my humble opinion, you do not want to think like this about yourself.

I apologise sincerely, if I hurt your sentiments. That was absolutely not my intention 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
With due respect.

Why do you think about this? 🙂

Respect yourself. You are beautiful in every way. In my humble opinion, you do not want to think like this about yourself.

I apologise sincerely, if I hurt your sentiments. That was absolutely not my intention 🙂

because my chin and neck are one ;(
Reply 4
Are you short?
Reply 5
Have you tried out any of the facial exercise workouts on youtube?
Some of them help tighten skin appearance and tone the face.

You can't try to spot target weight loss to specifically lose weight on your cheeks and chin.
Nor change how your body distributes its fat stores .
But weight loss through a combination of daily exercise, dietary changes and daily calorie deficit levels of at least 500 can help reduce your weight & fat body %. Thus altering your appearance and the amount of visible fat.

Only cosmetic surgery can remove facial fat and these operations can sometimes involve complications that result in negative changes to facial appearance or painful symptoms.
Reply 6
Original post by xox416
Are you short?

Like 5'6
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
Have you tried out any of the facial exercise workouts on youtube?
Some of them help tighten skin appearance and tone the face.

You can't try to spot target weight loss to specifically lose weight on your cheeks and chin.
Nor change how your body distributes its fat stores .
But weight loss through a combination of daily exercise, dietary changes and daily calorie deficit levels of at least 500 can help reduce your weight & fat body %. Thus altering your appearance and the amount of visible fat.

Only cosmetic surgery can remove facial fat and these operations can sometimes involve complications that result in negative changes to facial appearance or painful symptoms.

yeah it's just annoying because if anything it's growing :frown:

I've heard about calorie deficits but I don't even eat enough anyways, I don't eat breakfast, I'll sometimes make a salad for lunch, then for dinner I'll have anything random, healthy or unhealthy. Odd takeaway as I live next door to a McDonalds... but I don't even eat a lot or unhealthy overall :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by fudgeyx
yeah it's just annoying because if anything it's growing :frown:

I've heard about calorie deficits but I don't even eat enough anyways, I don't eat breakfast, I'll sometimes make a salad for lunch, then for dinner I'll have anything random, healthy or unhealthy. Odd takeaway as I live next door to a McDonalds... but I don't even eat a lot or unhealthy overall :frown:

What's your average daily calorie intake?
Including alcohol and all drinks except unflavoured still water.
Sometimes it is not just about how often you eat but how many calories in total are consumed each day and how much exercise is done to burn them off.

Have you calculated your bmi and body fat%?
Reply 9
Original post by londonmyst
What's your average daily calorie intake?
Including alcohol and all drinks except unflavoured still water.
Sometimes it is not just about how often you eat but how many calories in total are consumed each day and how much exercise is done to burn them off.

Have you calculated your bmi and body fat%?

Ngl I wouldn't be surprised if it's like 1000 or less on some days. Literally yesterday ate a bowl of pasta and that's it. Today had a slice of toast and I have no food as I need to go shopping so will probs eat a packet of crisps or more toast....

BMI is 21.5 ish and my body fat % is 30 but I think it's that because I have very wide hips, because if 32% is obese according to calculator.net I'm not 30

Quick Reply

Latest