The Student Room Group

Official: University of Exeter A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I got 2730 Band 2. A*A*A predictions. 10gcses all grade 7 except one 8 two 6's. Is it safe to apply to exeter I am non contextual
Original post by a17006
I got 2730 Band 2. A*A*A predictions. 10gcses all grade 7 except one 8 two 6's. Is it safe to apply to exeter I am non contextual

last year 3A* + 2660 ucat was needed. A*A*A did not get you enough points even with a top decile ucat, so it would not be a good option unless you get 3A* predictions
So for non-contextual students, including international students, was the interview cut off a UCAT score of 2660 and predicted 3 A*?
May I ask where you got this information from? :smile:
Reply 43
What would be good unis to apply to I got 2730 Band 2. A*A*A predictions. 10gcses all grade 7 except one 8 two 6's. I am non contextual
Original post by pinkflamingo12
So for non-contextual students, including international students, was the interview cut off a UCAT score of 2660 and predicted 3 A*?
May I ask where you got this information from? :smile:

yes, though not sure if it differs for international students. from last year's thread.
Original post by a17006
What would be good unis to apply to I got 2730 Band 2. A*A*A predictions. 10gcses all grade 7 except one 8 two 6's. I am non contextual

sgul, liverpool, edge hill, maybe plymouth, maybe aru
Original post by reubenn05
yes, though not sure if it differs for international students. from last year's thread.

Thanks! I'm an international student with a UCAT score of 2670 and predicted 3 A*!
Would it be slightly risky? Unfortunately, I don't have too many options:frown:
Reply 47
sgul, liverpool, edge hill, maybe plymouth, maybe aru

what about east anglia norwhich
Original post by a17006
what about east anglia norwhich

cutoff was 2710 last year, so would probably be a bit risky
Reply 49
Hi,
I got 2720 B3 3A*
Please can you share the link for how Exeter calculate the points?
And please can you share the link for contextual to check am I eligible?
Please help.
Reply 50
Original post by Sleepyboy
Hi,
I got 2720 B3 3A*
Please help.

* I am a home student and 3A* are prediction
Original post by Sleepyboy
Hi,
I got 2720 B3 3A*
Please help.

link to scoring is on the first post of this thread
for contextual https://www.exeter.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entryrequirements/contextual/
Hi, do you think I’m likely to get an interview? 4 A*’s predicted a levels, and 2820 band 1. I am also eligible for a contextual offer of AAC because I was part of the Seren programme. Does this mean I would receive a 5 point bonus for interviews?
Original post by Hhhhhh558
Hi, do you think I’m likely to get an interview? 4 A*’s predicted a levels, and 2820 band 1. I am also eligible for a contextual offer of AAC because I was part of the Seren programme. Does this mean I would receive a 5 point bonus for interviews?

you should receive the point bonus, up to a maximum of 100 points. either way you should be fine for interview
Reply 54
link to scoring is on the first post of this thread
for contextual https://www.exeter.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entryrequirements/contextu

Thanks
Reply 55
Hi,
I am a resit candidate, 2As and B, resitting B in chemistry and predicted A*. UCAT: 2720 Band 2. GCSEs 9A* (NI candidate), will come under contextual offer.
Is it safe to apply for Exeter 2024?
Thanks.
Reply 56
Original post by amaprns
Hi,
I am a resit candidate, 2As and B, resitting B in chemistry and predicted A*. UCAT: 2720 Band 2. GCSEs 9A* (NI candidate), will come under contextual offer.
Is it safe to apply for Exeter 2024?
Thanks.

Last year you would have scored 85 and 95 was needed for an interview
Reply 57
Hi there
My daughter is planning to apply for Medicine next year but her UCAT score didn’t go very well under 2500 and (SJT 3).
She has good academics, work experience and volunteering experience. GCSE 8 A* and Al level predicted grades are A* A* A
Is it still advisable to apply as most of the Universities are looking at high UCAT score.
Thanks in advance
Reply 58
Original post by GANFYD
Last year you would have scored 85 and 95 was needed for an interview

Thanks!! Will drop Exeter then.
Hi Guys,
I am applying for medicine entry 2024.
I moved house at the start of September this year 2023. And I just realised this area qualifies for contextual selection or widening participation offers.
How does this work, and do I need to do anything on UCAS apart from to include my new address?
Also, please could you let me know if I actually qualify for this, at Imperial, UCL, St Andrews, Exeter and ARU?
Also I’m from England and predicted 3 A*

Please help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending