The Student Room Group

Official: Imperial College London A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the Imperial A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

Imperial A100 2023 Entry thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7247509

For general information click: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/...bs-programmes/

For entry requirements click: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...y-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AS614
Completely messed up grades for 2023 entry, however it looks like many of my fellow students fell into this pit this year. Is there any chance that med schools like Imperial might accept resits?

imperial only accept resits with mitigating circumstances
After bmat how does imperial select candidates for interview and what relevance does the bmat hold after the interview or are offers decided by interview performance please?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by HastyJaguar
After bmat how does imperial select candidates for interview and what relevance does the bamt hold after the interview or are offers decided by interview performance please?

selection for interview is solely bmat. offers are made on only interview performance afaik
Oh that doesn't sound too bad. Do we know what imperial require as a bmat score for sections 1 and 2?
Reply 5
Oh that doesn't sound too bad. Do we know what imperial require as a bmat score for sections 1 and 2?

Have you checked the website? These are a good place to start looking for this sort of information
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate/medicine/
Hi everyone,
Im aware last year's cut off was 10. 3 however does anybody know the previous years cutoffs (2022,2021 etc) as I just want to have an idea of what score I should be aiming for to get an interview
Thanks
Original post by cookiee_monsturr
Hi everyone,
Im aware last year's cut off was 10. 3 however does anybody know the previous years cutoffs (2022,2021 etc) as I just want to have an idea of what score I should be aiming for to get an interview
Thanks

high 10s low 11s I believe
10.9 and 11.3 iirc
Is it likely that the Number will increase drastically this year or hover around the same (10.3) please?
Reply 9
I saw bmat score for oversea student. Part1+2 need to be 13 point (uplift). Could you explain uplift meaning?
does imperial use the personal statement in any part of the application process?
Does having a high BMAT score actually have any advantage or once you past the cutoff and get the interview are all the applicants treated equally please?
Reply 12
Does having a high BMAT score actually have any advantage or once you past the cutoff and get the interview are all the applicants treated equally please?

Offers are made purely on interview performance
oh thats nice thanks. So I guess as long as you get past that bmat cutoff whether you got a 6.6 or a 5.7 it doesn't really matter.

Original post by GANFYD
Offers are made purely on interview performance
Reply 14
oh thats nice thanks. So I guess as long as you get past that bmat cutoff whether you got a 6.6 or a 5.7 it doesn't really matter.

Yep
Reply 15
Original post by Chi chi5
high 10s low 11s I believe
10.9 and 11.3 iirc

Is that non contextual
Reply 16
Hi everyone,
Thanks

I can’t believe it. Isn’t the average like 12? I’m deffo above the cutoff then ☺️ I hope that I will get at least 6.2 in s1 and 6.5-7+ in s2 🥰
Original post by LIUDD
I can’t believe it. Isn’t the average like 12? I’m deffo above the cutoff then ☺️ I hope that I will get at least 6.2 in s1 and 6.5-7+ in s2 🥰

Im not sure about the average but if your an international the cutoff is higher but anyone above the cutoff and meets the entry requirements will be invited for an interview I'm pretty sure
Reply 18
Im not sure about the average but if your an international the cutoff is higher but anyone above the cutoff and meets the entry requirements will be invited for an interview I'm pretty sure

Thanks I’m pretty sure the average for an offer holder was 12.0 before
Original post by LIUDD
Is that non contextual

Yes! Oof it that was contextual I’d cry lol
Although I’m still crying over the 13 for intl!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending