The Student Room Group

Official: University of Exeter A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teletubbies1238
Hi Guys,
I am applying for medicine entry 2024.
I moved house at the start of September this year 2023. And I just realised this area qualifies for contextual selection or widening participation offers.
How does this work, and do I need to do anything on UCAS apart from to include my new address?
Also, please could you let me know if I actually qualify for this, at Imperial, UCL, St Andrews, Exeter and ARU?
Also I’m from England and predicted 3 A*

Please help

you don't need to do anything extra as it's only your current address that is taken into account i.e the one you put on your ucas form. is it eligible via polar, imd or both?
Reply 61
Original post by reubenn05

Welcome to the University of Exeter A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7259414

For general information click: https://medicine.exeter.ac.uk/study/ug/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergradua...y-requirements

Selection process: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/v8media/recruitmentsites/documents/BMBS_Detailed_Admissions_Process_2024_entry_V4.pdf

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Hi guys! I've been predicted A*A*A with 2640 Band 2, but I have extenuating circumstances (not sure how many points they increase the score by due to this?), meaning I'm coming to 85. I desperately want to go to Exeter, but what do you guys think?
Reply 62
Original post by clarym27
Hi guys! I've been predicted A*A*A with 2640 Band 2, but I have extenuating circumstances (not sure how many points they increase the score by due to this?), meaning I'm coming to 85. I desperately want to go to Exeter, but what do you guys think?

As per the admissions policy, you would need to complete an Extenuating Circumstances form and they would then assess the situation and decide from there, so there is no what of knowing if they would increase things by the 10 points that would have been needed last year, but generally, ExCircs allowances are not massive, wrt exams
Reply 63
Original post by AU33
Hi there
My daughter is planning to apply for Medicine next year but her UCAT score didn’t go very well under 2500 and (SJT 3).
She has good academics, work experience and volunteering experience. GCSE 8 A* and Al level predicted grades are A* A* A
Is it still advisable to apply as most of the Universities are looking at high UCAT score.
Thanks in advance

Hi I am afraid Exeter is likely to be a no unfortunately. (This is the Exeter thread).
Reply 64
Can someone explain to me how the score in the decile/grade table is calculated please?
Original post by tatasumo
Can someone explain to me how the score in the decile/grade table is calculated please?

what exactly do you mean? basically it's 75% a level grades, 25% ucat
Reply 66

It is what it is. Find ucat on left and predicted on right. Your score is the intersection.

Where it becomes hard to read is that Exeter do something wierd with their deciles, so just ignore the 1-9 on the left imo as these make little sense against deciles (ie split into 10) if you are above the ucat number on the left then you take the score marked against your predicted grades.

Then read down to see if you are eligible for any additional points.

Good luck
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 67
Original post by GGIN
It is what it is. Find ucat on left and predicted on right. Your score is the intersection.

Where it becomes hard to read is that Exeter do something wierd with their deciles, so just ignore the 1-9 on the left imo as these make little sense against deciles (ie split into 10) if you are above the ucat number on the left then you take the score marked against your predicted grades.

Then read down to see if you are eligible for any additional points.

Good luck

Thank you for the reply! The 25% ucat and 75% grades threw me off, i thought the score was based on gcse grades.
How do I know if I can apply by looking at the chart. For example if i am in 4th decile predicted AAA and contextual, my score will be 70. Can I apply?
Reply 68
2690 B2
4 A* predicted
im contextual too i believe
do i have a good chance at getting an interview, and how is exeters interview to offer ratio
Original post by beuhdhdi
2690 B2
4 A* predicted
im contextual too i believe
do i have a good chance at getting an interview, and how is exeters interview to offer ratio

yes you do have a good chance at interview, as you have the maximum points of 100 if contextual. the interview to offer ratio is pretty good, i think it was 68% for the latest data available (2022)
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 70
Thank you for the reply! The 25% ucat and 75% grades threw me off, i thought the score was based on gcse grades.
How do I know if I can apply by looking at the chart. For example if i am in 4th decile predicted AAA and contextual, my score will be 70. Can I apply?

Cut off was 95 last year
Reply 71
Hi.
Do I automatically get the 5 contextual points if I'm Quntile 1 on polar 4 and also free school meals?
Original post by TahaKarim
Hi.
Do I automatically get the 5 contextual points if I'm Quntile 1 on polar 4 and also free school meals?

yes, up to a maximum of 100 total points
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by LunaBraun
How are offers decided after interviews?

interview performance only
Reply 74
How exactly Exeter shortlisting for interview system works? Exeter deciles is the same as ucat deciles? I got 2730 , which decile am i?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Sherrryyy
How exactly Exeter shortlisting for interview system works? Exeter deciles is the same as ucat deciles? I got 2730 , which decile am i?

exeter's shortlisting system is 75% predicted/achieved a levels and 25% ucat. your actual decile would be 8th, but your exeter decile would be 7th, as exeter work out the deciles incorrectly.
Reply 76
Original post by reubenn05
exeter's shortlisting system is 75% predicted/achieved a levels and 25% ucat. your actual decile would be 8th, but your exeter decile would be 7th, as exeter work out the deciles incorrectly.

Thank you for your advice, My predicted is 4A*. This means that my score will be 95? Do i have a chance as an international?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 77
does anyone know how exeter will give out offers post interview im guaranteed an interview despite my low ucat through the exeter scholars programme. Will they base offers on interview performance solely??
Original post by GANFYD
Cut off was 95 last year

Dear Sir,
According to the interim 2024 I am just on the 7th decile 95 points at the moment for Exeter.
After the final UCAT exam date results may go up???
Please can you advise me where can I get more chance for interview and offer between Exeter or ARU (I am living and study in Essex) I am a home and non contexual student
(edited 7 months ago)
How likely is it that the cutoff will increase this year , any insight @GANFYD.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending