The Student Room Group

Funding available for MSC Pre-registration occupational therapy

Hi,

I want to apply to do an MSc Pre-registration Occupational therapy course but am unsure of how to fund it.

I currently work full time and live by myself. I’ve looked into funding and from what I can see the post-graduate funding is capped at 12k and this has to be spread across both years of the course but my course is £11,450 per year. I think I would be eligible for an NHS bursary but again this is only £5000.

Is there any other funding available and if not how do people generally self-fund post graduate study?
Original post by Ameliatb
Hi,

I want to apply to do an MSc Pre-registration Occupational therapy course but am unsure of how to fund it.

I currently work full time and live by myself. I’ve looked into funding and from what I can see the post-graduate funding is capped at 12k and this has to be spread across both years of the course but my course is £11,450 per year. I think I would be eligible for an NHS bursary but again this is only £5000.

Is there any other funding available and if not how do people generally self-fund post graduate study?

Hi Ameliatb,

Occupational therapy is one of our Allied Healthcare Profession courses (AHP). AHP and NHS courses will be exempt from previous study and ELQ rules. Therefore if you already hold a degree or have previous study, you will still be eligible to access the full package of funding. This would be our undergraduate funding. This means you will be eligible for tuition fees (TFL) of up to £9250 and the full means tested maintenance loan. You will also be able to apply for Disabled Students Allowance and Grants for Dependents.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending