The Student Room Group

Student finance funding

Hi, I want to apply for a masters in occupational therapy (pre registration). However I’ve already had funding for an undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree. Will student finance fund this third degree since it’s pre registration? Please help!
Original post by Shanheaney
Hi, I want to apply for a masters in occupational therapy (pre registration). However I’ve already had funding for an undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree. Will student finance fund this third degree since it’s pre registration? Please help!

Hi Shanheaney,

Yes, as this is an NHS course, it is exempt from previous study rules. You need to apply for undergraduate funding for this course type.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Thank you claire. I’m just checking so you work for SFE, I’m just really stressed about the funding and want to confirm that this course is an exception course.
I’m currently being funded for a masters which I’m going to leave early. Will this not affect the payments since I’m leaving a course early?
Also what will I be entitled to? Just tuition fee or tuition and maintenance ? Thank you! ❤️
Thank you claire. I’m just checking so you work for SFE, I’m just really stressed about the funding and want to confirm that this course is an exception course.
I’m currently being funded for a masters which I’m going to leave early. Will this not affect the payments since I’m leaving a course early?
Also what will I be entitled to? Just tuition fee or tuition and maintenance ? Thank you! ❤️

Hi there,

When you leave a Masters course you don't normally need to repay anything, so this should be fine.

In terms of what funding you'll be entitled to can you please confirm the name of the university that's offering this course?

How long is the course and when will it begin?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Hi,

Salford university and the course is masters occupational therapist (pre registration) . September 2024

Thank you
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi,

Salford university and the course is masters occupational therapist (pre registration) . September 2024

Thank you

Thanks. We'd assess you for that funding and if applicable any grants or DSA. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending