The Student Room Group

Computer science Alevel

If I didn't pick CS for gcses and I want to do it for Alevels, will I be super behind? And is computer science difficult?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Replyplz
If I didn't pick CS for gcses and I want to do it for Alevels, will I be super behind? And is computer science difficult?

The A-Level course is taught from the basics so it will cover the GCSE content that you have missed. Obviously those who have done it at GCSE would have a head-start but you won't be super behind.

Computer Science is challenging and the coursework takes a lot of your time but if you are strong at maths and want to develop strong analytical skills, it is definitely worth taking.
Reply 2
Original post by Aceful
The A-Level course is taught from the basics so it will cover the GCSE content that you have missed. Obviously those who have done it at GCSE would have a head-start but you won't be super behind.

Computer Science is challenging and the coursework takes a lot of your time but if you are strong at maths and want to develop strong analytical skills, it is definitely worth taking

In a level CS, will they teach u how to program things cuz I haven't done anything on that so that's what im worried I would be behind in. Also what would u say is the hardest thing about CS?
Reply 3
The hardest parts about CS are not the coding, those parts are usually the easiest and most straight forward to pick up. The hardest parts are the theoretical and the esoteric modules like AI that can be extremely math heavy. Generally if you don't have a strong interest in general computing theory that can get you through the really tough parts then you will struggle, many CS courses have a very high rate of dropout after the first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending