The Student Room Group

Computer science

I do A level Maths , Economics and BTEC IT and im considering doing computer science at uni ( most preferably computer science with Managment ) . I was just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me where they dont do A level CS but wanna do it at Uni? Idk if its some sort of disadvantage since Im thinking about applying to top uni’s such as Kings , QMUL and Warwick . If it were to be a disadvantage what should i do in order to increase my chances in geting in ?
i think something which you should consider more is whether each uni you want will accept your BTEC as you only have two alevels otherwise - not having computer science alevel is not a problem but the majority of applicants will have further maths as an alevel which may put you at a disadvantage :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by sophiecotter_
i think something which you should consider more is whether each uni you want will accept your BTEC as you only have two alevels otherwise - not having computer science alevel is not a problem but the majority of applicants will have further maths as an alevel which may put you at a disadvantage :smile:

I looked on their websites , it seems like the BTEC isnt an issue , just need to get a D*alongside A*A for most of them . Do you think I should try self learn some further maths content that may be relevant to the course , its just idk how i would put that on my personal statement really?
Original post by Djoptic01
I looked on their websites , it seems like the BTEC isnt an issue , just need to get a D*alongside A*A for most of them . Do you think I should try self learn some further maths content that may be relevant to the course , its just idk how i would put that on my personal statement really?
i mean for the top unis yes, as lets say Cambridge do want further maths
Reply 4
Original post by Djoptic01
Yeah, Warwick really like Further Maths so if you don't do it, not a problem but show them that you take the initiative by studying it yourself in your free time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending