The Student Room Group

alevel choice

do you think it’s a good idea for me to do math alevel?
i’m currently on a 6+ for gcse and i plan to do computing sociology and maths (maybe). i’m not sure i can get an A or even B in alevel maths but it wojld be so useful. i plan to do computer science in uni (hopefully) or would it be a better idea for me to pick computing sociology and economics.
i heard that computer science is easy to break into so what it i don’t do a compsci degree and just do some bootcamps or online courses and try to get into it that way??
i’m seriously stuck, advice please🙏🙏🙏
(edited 2 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by nifaaa
do you think it’s a good idea for me to do math alevel?
i’m currently on a 6+ for gcse and i plan to do computing sociology and maths (maybe). i’m not sure i can get an A or even B in alevel maths but it wojld be so useful. i plan to do computer science in uni (hopefully) or would it be a better idea for me to pick computing sociology and economics.
i heard that computer science is easy to break into so what it i don’t do a compsci degree and just do some bootcamps or online courses and try to get into it that way??
i’m seriously stuck, advice please🙏🙏🙏

look at uni computer science pages and see if they absolutely require maths, a lot probably do unfortunately. however i know someone who works at microsoft and while he did comp sci at uni, a lot of his colleagues didnt and learnt AT microsoft after coming from other sciences/complete different subjects. so, maybe you'll be fine with just computer science at a-level. economics is quite a versatile option too from what i've heard.

Quick Reply

Latest