The Student Room Group

Det level 5 education and training

Could someone please confirm if i can get student finance for the above course, even though i got student finance before when doing a different degree in business. I hear some courses u can get funding even if u have a degree already. Is this correct

Thank you
Original post by AJAY 1978
Could someone please confirm if i can get student finance for the above course, even though i got student finance before when doing a different degree in business. I hear some courses u can get funding even if u have a degree already. Is this correct

Thank you

Hi AJAY 1978,

Can you confirm the course and university you wish to study now? Would be the new course be full time or part time? What qualifications do you hold currently? What did you have funded previously?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi AJAY 1978,

Can you confirm the course and university you wish to study now? Would be the new course be full time or part time? What qualifications do you hold currently? What did you have funded previously?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi claire

The course is The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training DET. One year course, at brit college ltd.

I studied previously business managent with foundation year for year course, but failed level 6 and did not complete degree. I received 4 years funding and i could have used my gift year to repeat my level 6, but personal circumstances i was unable to finish. And did not use my gift year.

I was told some teaching courses u get full funding regardless of previous funding

Let me know
Hi claire

The course is The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training DET. One year course, at brit college ltd.

I studied previously business managent with foundation year for year course, but failed level 6 and did not complete degree. I received 4 years funding and i could have used my gift year to repeat my level 6, but personal circumstances i was unable to finish. And did not use my gift year.

I was told some teaching courses u get full funding regardless of previous funding

Let me know

The details you have advised doesn't bring any course up, which means its not named that by the university on the system, or it's not eligible. The course would need to be classed as an exception course to get finance. Normally for teaching courses this would need to be a PGCE ITT course. We would advise speaking to the university what they have put the course on database as and if it's eligible for finance or not, as they can advise this. If it's not they maybe aware of alternative funding options.

Thanks
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
The details you have advised doesn't bring any course up, which means its not named that by the university on the system, or it's not eligible. The course would need to be classed as an exception course to get finance. Normally for teaching courses this would need to be a PGCE ITT course. We would advise speaking to the university what they have put the course on database as and if it's eligible for finance or not, as they can advise this. If it's not they maybe aware of alternative funding options.

Thanks
Claire

Hi claire the course is

Diploma in Education and Training (with learning and development), Level 5, awarded by City and Guilds
Course code 999989
Thank you
Hi claire the course is

Diploma in Education and Training (with learning and development), Level 5, awarded by City and Guilds
Course code 999989
Thank you

Hi Ajay,

Thank you. That course is not an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules. If you are to attend a new education based course, it would need to be a PGCE that leads to a QTS or an ITT course.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending