The Student Room Group

Repeating final year

I am currently in my final year , but I am experiencing a delicate situation, namely I also work full time, but I also have to find different accommodation, and it happened that my dad fell on the stairs and broke a bone in his neck and he might undergo surgery so as not to get paralyzed so I somehow need to keep in touch with him, he lives in Romania, so I have a lot on my plate at present.
My question is: if it happens for me to fail my final year, would Student Finance offer support for tuition loan and maintenance loan if I have to repeat my final year?
After I graduate I wish to apply for Diploma in Education and Training. Would I also get support for that as well?
I currently hold pre-settled status
Hi there. Have you ever had to repeat a year previously or had funding for any other course in the past?

For the DET course, could you confirm the full name and university you are looking to study at? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Have you ever had to repeat a year previously or had funding for any other course in the past?
For the DET course, could you confirm the full name and university you are looking to study at? Thanks, Leah.
Hi! This is my first course and I didn't have to repeat any of the previous years. I haven't looked for a university for the DET course because now I am concerned if I pass my final year.
Hi CristineN,

All students are awarded an additional year of funding so if this is your 1st repeat year and you don't have any other previous study we will be able to offer you funding if you have to repeat a year.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending