The Student Room Group

Does my EPQ need to link to my degree

Hi.
I am writing an EPQ on accessibility for disabled, but its not linked to my A levels in any way. Im planning on doing english Lit at uni and I have time to change, so I could choose a new title linked to english.
Is this a good idea?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Pandasarecute65
Hi.
I am writing an EPQ on accessibility for disabled, but its not linked to my A levels in any way. Im planning on doing english Lit at uni and I have time to change, so I could choose a new title linked to english.
Is this a good idea?

Many people choose EPQ topics which are related to their A levels or potential degree in some way. They do that either because it's something they're interested in anyway (which is why they picked the A level and will pick the degree) or because they think it will give them something relevant for their personal statement (or interview, if applicable).

However, there's absolutely no reason to take this approach. The EPQ can be a bit of a slog, so the key thing is to pick a topic you're genuinely interested in. If that's accessibility for the disabled, then that's what you should do.
not necessarily!
the important thing is doing it about a subject you love, otherwise you simply won't do well.
However it can help in interviews, personal statement etc, when you've linked it to your subjects or course but again its not compulsory :smile:
Original post by Pandasarecute65
Hi.
Is this a good idea?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending