University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by MightyMaia
Thank you for replying! I have my offer now too! Congratulations on getting yours!

Ahh congratulations! Thank you 😁
Original post by Sneha_ARMY
I haven't received an offer from Surrey yet, but I have been invited to attend an interview at the end of this month for Nutrition and Dietetics, which I am a bit nervous for!

what other schools did you apply to? I also got an offer from Surrey for Nutrition and Dietetics!!
Has anyone been sent an offer holder, open day invitation for a weekend? My son has received an offer for civil engineering but the two options he has to choice from are on a Wednesdays, neither are during half term so will require a day off from college. Just wondering if it is worth waiting for any alternative date which fall on a weekend?
Original post by curiousgeorge12
Hi, I applied for biomed here but when i got the email from the uni i saw it was the integrated masters instead of the BSc. i have the grades for that course, but if i do accept the offer..., is there anyway i can change it?

Hi @curiousgeorge12,

I hope all is well and it’s great to hear that you’ve applied for a Biomed course here at Surrey! MSci (Hons) and BSc (Hons) are both great options. If you’d like to change your course to BSc instead of MSci then I’d recommend contacting the Admissions Team about your query here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/form/admissions-enquiry-form

Something to bear in mind is whether you’d like to do a placement year (professional training) in addition to your 3-year BSc. It’s highly recommended and a great way to get solid real-world experience before you graduate! MSci, BSc and Professional Training courses all have different UCAS codes, which you can find here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/biomedical-science

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,
Britina
Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by ediechengg
what other schools did you apply to? I also got an offer from Surrey for Nutrition and Dietetics!!

I applied to King's college for nutritional sciences, London met for dietetics, reading for nutrition, herts for dietetics, got offers from all and passed the interview and got an offer from Surrey too, now super confused which one to go for....what are your other choices and which is ur first choice?
Original post by Reenabhu1978
I applied to King's college for nutritional sciences, London met for dietetics, reading for nutrition, herts for dietetics, got offers from all and passed the interview and got an offer from Surrey too, now super confused which one to go for....what are your other choices and which is ur first choice?

I applied to King's college for nutritional sciences as well, surrey and nottingham for Nutrition and dietetics, leeds for nutrition + food sci, and plymouth for dietetics. I have got offers from all except for nottingham (which I haven't heard from). I would probably go to KCL... and surrey is my second choice! Update me which one you'd go to haha
Original post by ediechengg
I applied to King's college for nutritional sciences as well, surrey and nottingham for Nutrition and dietetics, leeds for nutrition + food sci, and plymouth for dietetics. I have got offers from all except for nottingham (which I haven't heard from). I would probably go to KCL... and surrey is my second choice! Update me which one you'd go to haha

I was actually thinking the same! KCL as firm and surrey as insurance. Hope Nottingham get back to you soon!
Original post by MARCU51
Who received any offers from Surrey and what were they?

I received an ABB offer for psychology
Reply 29
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Surrey 2024 Entry Thread

University-of-Surrey.jpg
Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Surrey for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Surrey.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Surrey do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Surrey specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Hi, I applied to study nutrition and dietetics at Surrey. I've been offered an interview date but they're requesting I upload a reference from a 'recent academic or employer referee (from paid employment)'. Problem is, I'm a mum and haven't worked or studied in 4 years, I've only been able to volunteer. My Access course provider said no as I studied with them 4 years ago so I only have character references which is what I gave to UCAS. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do? Would they accept another character reference or a job from 5 years ago? They're my first choice, I'm freaking out here, please help!
Reply 30
hey all, just got an offer for civil engineering wondering if anyone else has as well? :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
Hi @vadeyemi2,

I hope you are well and congratulations on your interview offer! If you are still stuck on this issue, I suggest you contact the Admissions Team at [email protected]

I hope that helps and wishing you all the best for your interview!

Best Regards,
Britina
Original post by MP_25
hey all, just got an offer for civil engineering wondering if anyone else has as well? :smile:

My son got an offer before Christmas. He has booked on to an offer holder day on 13th March for Civil Engineering.
Reply 33
Original post by undefined
My son got an offer before Christmas. He has booked on to an offer holder day on 13th March for Civil Engineering.

ooh nice, i'm going the same day too haha
That’s great news. It’s midweek so he will probably have to get the train there by himself as I have to work. Have a brilliant time.
Reply 35
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official University of Surrey 2024 Entry Thread

University-of-Surrey.jpg
Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Surrey for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Surrey.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Surrey do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Surrey specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Applied for Bsc. Biomedical science.
Reply 36
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi @vadeyemi2,

I hope you are well and congratulations on your interview offer! If you are still stuck on this issue, I suggest you contact the Admissions Team at [email protected]

I hope that helps and wishing you all the best for your interview!

Best Regards,
Britina

Thanks Britina, I did and it's all resolved now I passed my interview!
Original post by vadeyemi2
Thanks Britina, I did and it's all resolved now I passed my interview!

Hi @vadeyemi2

That’s great to hear and congratulations on passing your interview! :smile:

Best Regards,
Britina
Reply 38
Original post by MARCU51
Who received any offers from Surrey and what were they?

Hey! I got one for Veterinary Medicine, arrived around January
Just got an offer for psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending