The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
So I have received a conditional offer from the university for my course. The condition they put was to upload my degree of completion of my bachelor's, will a provisional degree work if I have not received my final degree yet?Also if there is a Surrey representative here who could contact me because I haven't been getting replies to the mails that I've sent regarding the same. Although I've uploaded the provisional degree, I have not received any updates from them as well.

Sincerely,
A concerned applicant who really wants to study here😔
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Went to an offer holder day yesterday (Wednesday afternoon) and the whole campus was eerily quiet. Had a walk around town and that too had no atmosphere. Absolutely loved the course and people I spoke to seemed happy. Just want some reassurance that there’s plenty going on and when might be a better time to visit.
Original post by Anonymous #6
Went to an offer holder day yesterday (Wednesday afternoon) and the whole campus was eerily quiet. Had a walk around town and that too had no atmosphere. Absolutely loved the course and people I spoke to seemed happy. Just want some reassurance that there’s plenty going on and when might be a better time to visit.
Hi there!

I'm glad you're interested in joining Surrey =)

Wednesdays are sports days at most UK universities, so students essentially have the afternoon off to pursue non-academic commitments. It's not surprising that there weren't many people out on campus, and even town centre, as many students would be at the Sports Park, out with their clubs and societies, or at home.

Feel free to visit on other days, and I'm sure you'll see the buzz on campus, especially during lunchtime =)

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Original post by Anonymous #5
Hey,
So I have received a conditional offer from the university for my course. The condition they put was to upload my degree of completion of my bachelor's, will a provisional degree work if I have not received my final degree yet?Also if there is a Surrey representative here who could contact me because I haven't been getting replies to the mails that I've sent regarding the same. Although I've uploaded the provisional degree, I have not received any updates from them as well.
Sincerely,
A concerned applicant who really wants to study here😔
Hi there!

This is a busy period for the Admissions Team, and they will get back to you as soon as they can. Through this link, you can try giving them a call, or speaking with an adviser on live chat.

Rest assured, they're working hard to reply to everyone.

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Original post by Anonymous #6

Just to add to what the rep said, it was also varsity last Wednesday so a lot of people visited Royal Holloway to watch that. Surrey isn't the busiest of places, but town is normally pretty busy even in the week and there's normally always groups of people around the campus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending