The Student Room Group

Mature student prep

Hi, I’m going into my first year as a children’s nursing student, I have opted to do the distance learning course to save on diesel costs. Prep wise, so far I’ve been to Wilko and bought tons of pens, 4 ring binder notes, hi-lighters, fancy desktop stationary holder and flask. I need to get a printer and a decent laptop.
My daughter is going into her 2nd year at Aberystwyth uni and she wants me to join her and her friends for the freshers week there. I am happy to make (and take) jelly shots but not sure on the whole crawls. I feel like my time at freshers crawls are over🤣
Original post by Ei84
Hi, I’m going into my first year as a children’s nursing student, I have opted to do the distance learning course to save on diesel costs. Prep wise, so far I’ve been to Wilko and bought tons of pens, 4 ring binder notes, hi-lighters, fancy desktop stationary holder and flask. I need to get a printer and a decent laptop.
My daughter is going into her 2nd year at Aberystwyth uni and she wants me to join her and her friends for the freshers week there. I am happy to make (and take) jelly shots but not sure on the whole crawls. I feel like my time at freshers crawls are over🤣

How exciting! any other stationary bits you think you need? How are you feeling about starting your course?
Reply 2
I’m exited yet nervous. It’s a big leap and a brand new chapter for me. I just hope that I can pass the course. I’m definitely not going to the bangor freshers🤣 but probably will go down to join my daughter in Aberystwyth for a few nights( show them how it’s done 😜) I can’t think of any more stationary that I’ll need yet

Original post by CamembertPaws
How exciting! any other stationary bits you think you need? How are you feeling about starting your course?
Original post by Ei84
I’m exited yet nervous. It’s a big leap and a brand new chapter for me. I just hope that I can pass the course. I’m definitely not going to the bangor freshers🤣 but probably will go down to join my daughter in Aberystwyth for a few nights( show them how it’s done 😜) I can’t think of any more stationary that I’ll need yet

Ah that's ace that your daughter wants you to join her! Sounds like a laugh! Freshers can be great for getting discounts and deals, as well. Looking forward to hearing more about your nursing journey!
Hey!

Sounds like a very interesting course to study! When is your first day?

Glad your joining your daughter for fresher's, looking forward to seeing what you get up to for her Fresher's Week for the days you're staying. Also looking forward to seeing what you get up to when you start your own Fresher's Week!

I'm half way through my Fresher's Week now, it's been very eventful but fun.

I wish you luck on both Fresher's Week :biggrin: (Good luck for your daughter too!)
haha good luck to both

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending