The Student Room Group

Rugby World Cup 2023 official discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Heard lots of things from England supporters about how Owen Farrell being out actually helped the team here, and that maybe England games shouldn't be the Owen Farrell show, to make way for Ford.
Chile's discipline is killing them here :mad:
Fiji don't look like the same team that beat England I'm pretty certain Wales see this out from here!
I need a lie down after that :rofl:

(And somewhere to rage at the ref :angry:)
Reply 24
Original post by Saracen's Fez
I need a lie down after that :rofl:

(And somewhere to rage at the ref :angry:)

Real shame that Fiji didnt have the consistency they had in the warm up matches. Win for Wales but, a bit like England, unconvincing and you have the feeling theyll be taken apart by the top teams.
A superb performance from Uruguay tonight, running France far closer than anyone expected! (And ultimately only losing to France by one point more than the All Blacks lost by last week!)
Reply 26
Go Portugal. Got Wales in the sweepstake, but partner is Welsh so ...
Original post by mqb2766
Go Portugal. Got Wales in the sweepstake, but partner is Welsh so ...

Portugal have been pretty good so far unlucky really to end up conceding again before half time and not getting a score for themselves!

I was a bit disappointed with Chile earlier as I thought they'd make more of a game of Samoa.
(edited 7 months ago)
Portugal have definitely given a good account of themselves here tonight.

Wales still without a bonus point after 70 minutes...
Reply 29
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Portugal have definitely given a good account of themselves here tonight.

Wales still without a bonus point after 70 minutes...

Bonus point? Nah .... hehehe ...
Original post by mqb2766
Bonus point? Nah .... hehehe ...

TMOs putting themselves in the limelight so far today!
Reply 31
Think the springboks may win this one.
Original post by mqb2766
Think the springboks may win this one.

Romania waited for them to score a bonus point before they even started playing :rolleyes:
Reply 33
C'mon Fiji ...
I hate being in the position where I can start to believe... :redface:
GO FIJI!!!!

I know the Wallabies are my sweepstake team but suddenly I'd like nothing more than a Wales win next Sunday to put Eddie Jones on the plane :lol:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 36
England/Japan match is shaping up to be an entertaining one.
England made it hard for themselves for quite a while there.

It was a decent enough win and bonus point in the end, but they sure didn't make it feel that way!
Scrappy win by England today Japan were rubbish if we play a good team we will get rolled over
Original post by user123456324
Scrappy win by England today Japan were rubbish if we play a good team we will get rolled over

England haven't become world-beaters but they did the job last night I feel like the criticism of them is a bit overdone this morning. Ultimately that gameplan did work!

Quick Reply

Latest