The Student Room Group

(Undergraduate) Official Social Work Applicants 2024 thread

Are you applying to study a Social Work undergraduate course at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Specific Course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Random question:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:
(edited 7 months ago)
Hiya ! I'm a 21 year old mature student on my gap year applying for Social work after a career-change.

Specific Course: Social Work (BA Hons)

Universities I applied to are: Kingston, London Met, Greenwich, Goldsmiths and Chichester

A level / IB / Higher grades: I did a BTEC Level 3 Qualification in Applied Science which equals to 144 UCAS Points !

I have experience in volunteering at a care home for a month and plan to gain more experience before I sent off my application !
I am applying for MA in social work for sept 2024, i have an interview scheduled for UEL, any ideas about the written tests?
Reply 3
I am 47 years old and applying to do learning dissability nursing and social work at SHU university and Salford. I have functional skills level 2 maths and English and a Foundation Degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice. I worked for 4 years with service users who have mental health problems and learning disability, I have 4 children who are all adults now, 2 of them were diagnosed with ADHD and are on the spectrum, I was a carer to them for years so have plenty of experience being around behaviours that can be challenging.
Original post by 04MR17
Are you applying to study a Social Work undergraduate course at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Specific Course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Random question:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for all the universities you're applying to as well as potential other courses if you're a joint honours student.:woo:

Does anyone have any tips for nailing an interview for uni? Got it tomorrow. HELP!!!
Reply 5
Original post by anisaha0005
Does anyone have any tips for nailing an interview for uni? Got it tomorrow. HELP!!!

Where is your interview at? Has it not given you advice on how to prepare for the interview on the website?

Quick Reply

Latest