The Student Room Group

Northern Ireland Social work entry 2024

Hey, I am starting this discussion as I haven't seen one set up for 2024 entry to Social Work in Northern Ireland yet. Where have you applied to and what are your thoughts on the video submission interview, if that applies to you?

Scroll to see replies

Hiya! Thanks for starting a thread up☺️ I actually have my place for social work at queens next year as I had to defer it so if u hv any questions or anything don’t b afraid to ask!
Reply 2
Original post by ebyrne2036
Hiya! Thanks for starting a thread up☺️ I actually have my place for social work at queens next year as I had to defer it so if u hv any questions or anything don’t b afraid to ask!

Oh wow congratulations! I’ve applied to Magee for both the 2 year and the 3 year. Very apprehensive about having to talk to myself on the video interview. How did you find it last year?
Thank u sm! Aw im sure u will b ok it is a a bit awkward haha but we r all in same boat. Just make sure u talk a lot about your own experience and link your own personal values and skills to what would be required in the role
Reply 4
Thank u sm! Aw im sure u will b ok it is a a bit awkward haha but we r all in same boat. Just make sure u talk a lot about your own experience and link your own personal values and skills to what would be required in the role

Aw thank you for the tips, it is so nerve wracking! I hope all goes well for you getting ready for September.
It rlly is I’ll be thinking of u! Thank u sm let me know if u need anymore help or anything just give me a pm
Reply 6
It rlly is I’ll be thinking of u! Thank u sm let me know if u need anymore help or anything just give me a pm

Thanks so much, you might regret that invitation 😂
Haha trust me ive been through it twice so if i can do anything at all to help take the awfulness even out of it a bit then id be glad to
Reply 8
Hi ive applied im currently doing the acess course in the met, have you been offered an interview yet?
Reply 9
Original post by dm1991
Hi ive applied im currently doing the acess course in the met, have you been offered an interview yet?

No not yet, where have you applied to?
Reply 10
Original post by Shelzy
No not yet, where have you applied to?

I applied to queens and Belfast met through ulster. what about you?
Reply 11
Original post by dm1991
I applied to queens and Belfast met through ulster. what about you?

Just to Magee for the 2 year and the 3 year. Have you heard much about your interview yet?
Reply 12
Original post by Shelzy
Just to Magee for the 2 year and the 3 year. Have you heard much about your interview yet?

no not yet, i only got my ucas submitted the day before the closing date, have you done your a levels or whats your study route been? girls from access last year where interviewed around last week off feb though im not sure if they are going in order off the way applications where submitted?
Hiya I did my a levels and I think my interview was around the 15th last year but I submitted my application around November but they had already done a batch before me I think around the 7th so I think it’s quite randomised
Reply 14
Hiya I did my a levels and I think my interview was around the 15th last year but I submitted my application around November but they had already done a batch before me I think around the 7th so I think it’s quite randomised

thanks so much for replying! did you get a place? can you remember anything about the interview questions
Yes I got a place :smile: and they were mostly scenario based questions
Just make sure u do a lot of practice before and try ur best not to look at the timer
Reply 17
Original post by dm1991
no not yet, i only got my ucas submitted the day before the closing date, have you done your a levels or whats your study route been? girls from access last year where interviewed around last week off feb though im not sure if they are going in order off the way applications where submitted?

I'm going back to Uni after a long break, I have a Degree in Sociology, Politics and English already but I put down for both the graduate route and the normal degree so hopefully I get one of them!! 🤞
I sent my UCAS application in Oct/Nov so I might be one of the earlier interviews if they are doing them like that.. Did the girls that interviewed last year from the access get a space? Have they any tips haha!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Shelzy
I'm going back to Uni after a long break, I have a Degree in Sociology, Politics and English already but I put down for both the graduate route and the normal degree so hopefully I get one of them!! 🤞
I sent my UCAS application in Oct/Nov so I might be one of the earlier interviews if they are doing them like that.. Did the girls that interviewed last year from the access get a space? Have they any tips haha!

aw that sounds amazing! yes so they said its one scenario based question and 4 other questions based on your own experience professionally or life experience and the nisscc website has great info. ive a meeting with a careers advisor from the met next week so il let you know if she gives any good advice
Reply 19
Just make sure u do a lot of practice before and try ur best not to look at the timer

great thanks so much for your advice

Quick Reply

Latest