The Student Room Group

MA in Social Work at ARU

Hey, I just received the news that I got through my interview and will be starting the MA in social work at ARU (Cambridge) in September! Has anyone else received an offer?
Hi how was the interview process , I have interviews booked for April and May fingers cross I get in - Birmingham applicant
Reply 2
Original post by Cocomelon2021
Hi how was the interview process , I have interviews booked for April and May fingers cross I get in - Birmingham applicant

It was good, there was a group task where we were given 4 questions about a video we had to watch before (just to see how we communicated with others) and then an individual interview which lasted about 25 mins. I heard back the next day that I got in
I’ve been told I have written assessments☹️ I’m glad you got the space . What sort of questions did they ask thanks for replying
Reply 4
I was given a video in advance (an 8 minute channel 4 item) to answer a few questions about (just summarising the video and identifying the key themes) which I had to do in advance of the interview in my own time and send it off to the uni. For the group activity we were given a few similar questions about the same video. We were given 15 mins to prepare our answers and then put into breakout room of 4 and had to discuss our answers. The questions were about your views of the programme and what social workers do to address poverty (the main theme of the programme). In the interview I was asked questions about why I want to be a social worker, a couple of questions on what i think i did well and could've improved in the group activity, the skills social workers need and how service users may feel. They don't expect you to know it all, they just want to see that you're empathetic, a natural leader and that you're able to communicate clearly. Hope this helps :smile:
Thank you , I’ve been told I need to do a 30 minute written assessment which I’m dreading as I finished uni 9 years ago so analysing etc is a blur
Reply 6
Original post by Cocomelon2021
Thank you , I’ve been told I need to do a 30 minute written assessment which I’m dreading as I finished uni 9 years ago so analysing etc is a blur

Ohh u might have to do that in the actual interview slot then. Don't worry, they won't expect you to know much. Just read a little around what social workers do and maybe practice summarising articles and picking out key themes

Quick Reply

Latest