The Student Room Group

Do you need economics to study finance/law?

Hi, I’m currently in y12 and taking BTEC Extended Diploma L3 Business with IB HL Geography. I’m considering taking a degree in finance or law at university and was wondering whether I needed HL Economics to study these degrees. I got a 6 in GCSE maths and many unis I’ve seen don’t specify economics as apart of their requirements to study finance or law. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Kieran06
Hi, I’m currently in y12 and taking BTEC Extended Diploma L3 Business with IB HL Geography. I’m considering taking a degree in finance or law at university and was wondering whether I needed HL Economics to study these degrees. I got a 6 in GCSE maths and many unis I’ve seen don’t specify economics as apart of their requirements to study finance or law. Thanks :smile:

If it isn't stated on the website, then it should be fine without economics :smile:

I would say you just need your History and Law at A-Levels something financial related a Business course at A-Level
Reply 3
Law - you dont need any specific subjects for LLB Law, but some top Unis may not accept a BTEC.

Finance - will usually require A level or equiv. in Maths. Check each Uni entry requirements carefully.

Hi there, nice to hear that you are already thinking about your University choices.:smile:

For a law course, you do not need to have specific subjects. Instead, as long as you can reach the grade entry requirements for the University, then you have a good chance of getting in.

Hope this helps.
Chloe (Law Student)
-University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending