The Student Room Group

Transferring University after 1st yesr

Hi i have finished a foundation year in biochemistry at liverpool John Moores and am looking to transfer to the university of liverpool after my first year granted i do well. I was wondering if this has happened before or could be a possible route to take? im unsure whether i would have to retake the 1st year which wouldn't be ideal.
:smile:)
Your need to ask their admissions team this question as only they will be able to give you a definitive answers.

A FY does not replace the entry requirements needed so they may say that you will not be able to transfer due to this and that's why as good as FY's are for access to university, you are more locked in. However, it's always worth asking the question and when transferring you need to ensure the modules of both courses match up as best you can as this is what they will look at as well before considering a transfer directly into second year.
Reply 2
You could've just done the foundation year route at Liverpool instead
Reply 3
i got CDD in my a levels which is why i think a levels would hinder me from getting a transfer even after foundation year and first year. im anxious i can't make my mind up on what to do i'm not enjoying my university . thanks for your response it has been very helpful :smile:
Is it University in general you aren't enjoying? Or is it just the one you are currently at?
Hi Beth, sorry to hear you aren't enjoying your course here at the moment! Feel free to drop me a DM and I can try and help? Alternatively you can contact the uni here to discuss your options - https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/contact-us/connect

Ellen
Liverpool John Moores University
Original post by bethtsang1
Hi i have finished a foundation year in biochemistry at liverpool John Moores and am looking to transfer to the university of liverpool after my first year granted i do well. I was wondering if this has happened before or could be a possible route to take? im unsure whether i would have to retake the 1st year which wouldn't be ideal.
:smile:)

Hi there!

So I would contact the University of Liverpool admission team for the course you are considering. Doing this as early as possible will provide you with the information you need, and should also give you an idea of if there is anything additional you could be doing to increase the chances of being able to transfer.

Best of luck with your studies :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending