The Student Room Group

transfer after foundation year

Hey has anybody got any experiences of transferring uni's after completing a foundation year? Like how did the process go and when did you receive offers? Thanks!
Have you submitted your UCAS application to transfer yet?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you submitted your UCAS application to transfer yet?

Yes I have I’m just waiting to hear back from them now.
Reply 3
I’m submitting my UCAS application today. I’ve updated my personal statement and mentioned what I learnt/ gained throughout my foundation year.
Prior to this, I started emailing universities I was interested in to see whether I was applicable for the course I was wanting to apply for and if they accept transfers to first year. When emailing them, I had to provide A-levels, GCSE’s, course transcripts, modules, syllabus etc. So that they have enough information to pre-asses you.
Leeds and Newcastle both replied stating they don’t accept foundation year to 1st year transfers or that the syllabus I studied did not align with the course I was wanting to apply for. However, York, Lancaster and Liverpool replied saying I would be considered if I met X grades (I’m currently on target).
Given that the university or institution you’re studying your foundation year at is meant to give you direct access to start your degree with them, it is challenging to transfer but not impossible. You just need to email universities you would like to go to, state your case and they’ll let you know if you’re applicable or not.
It’ll just be a waiting game to see if they follow through with what they said and and whether they’ll accept me…
Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending