The Student Room Group

HELP PLEASE! Big Problem with A Levels.

Hi all. I took Chemistry and Biology and my teacher decided to remove me off that course in April after getting an E. She did not appreciate that at all. So she said she will change my subjects and I can try again in September 2023. Now it comes, and she tells me one of the subjects, I wanted to do isn't running this year so the only other subjects I could do and still take my ideal Uni course, is not possible at my school. I also just find it too embarrassing to tell my mates who do Biology and Chemistry that I'm no longer in their class. It will spread like fire and it would make me unhappy. My mum and a certain teacher also seem to have gotten close and now she shares every bit of info that happens when I go to school. She literally told her the time of when I had lunch, as when I went into school for the new year just yesterday. On top of that, I live really far away from the school and it takes me 1 hr 20 on bus to get there. So I suppose I'm confused. I don't know what to do. My mum has only been shouting about this school and giving no support on my journey. I'm not worried about getting in other schools with my grades, I'm just worried about admissions. Had I known the course wouldn't run, I would have applied for other schools sooner. Any advice/help is really appreciated here.
Reply 1
apply to a different school or college. aww love its okay it happens x
Reply 2
Original post by zurox
Hi all. I took Chemistry and Biology and my teacher decided to remove me off that course in April after getting an E. She did not appreciate that at all. So she said she will change my subjects and I can try again in September 2023. Now it comes, and she tells me one of the subjects, I wanted to do isn't running this year so the only other subjects I could do and still take my ideal Uni course, is not possible at my school. I also just find it too embarrassing to tell my mates who do Biology and Chemistry that I'm no longer in their class. It will spread like fire and it would make me unhappy. My mum and a certain teacher also seem to have gotten close and now she shares every bit of info that happens when I go to school. She literally told her the time of when I had lunch, as when I went into school for the new year just yesterday. On top of that, I live really far away from the school and it takes me 1 hr 20 on bus to get there. So I suppose I'm confused. I don't know what to do. My mum has only been shouting about this school and giving no support on my journey. I'm not worried about getting in other schools with my grades, I'm just worried about admissions. Had I known the course wouldn't run, I would have applied for other schools sooner. Any advice/help is really appreciated here.

Which Year are you planning to go into?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Which Year are you planning to go into?

I'd have to start fresh for year 12.
Reply 4
Original post by zurox
I'd have to start fresh for year 12.

Phone local schools to get a place nearer home. It's illegal to remove you from a course for academic reasons alone.
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
Phone local schools to get a place nearer home. It's illegal to remove you from a course for academic reasons alone.

wait... Seriously?! :frown:
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest