The Student Room Group

NEA T-test

I'm doing my NEA comparing a regenerated area, for which I have done and EQS survey, in ipswich to the unregenerated area in ipswich, can I create a t test after adding the totals of all the scores given in each area. I have come to the final result of 20.39, and I'm just confused.
Thanks
Original post by MRdiamond2006
I'm doing my NEA comparing a regenerated area, for which I have done and EQS survey, in ipswich to the unregenerated area in ipswich, can I create a t test after adding the totals of all the scores given in each area. I have come to the final result of 20.39, and I'm just confused.
Thanks

Have you got your degrees of freedom set (you can just search this up)? If u have a certain degree of freedom you can find your critical value at a certain percentage significance (Eg. you might want at least a 5% significance level). After finding the critical value --> if your result of 20.39 > critical value you can reject the null hypothesis but if 20.39 < critical value you accept the null hypothesis. Make sure you outline your hypotheses first. The null hypothesis is what u want to reject and alternative hypothesis is what you want to accept. In your case I'm assuming your null hypothesis = there is no significant difference between the regenerated and non regenerated area. alt hypothesis = there is a significant difference between the two areas. It seems like your NEA might be very similar to mine so please check out my videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCe6pJKkSJLs0f7mo-4HEDw for more help or just pm me if you would like more advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending