The Student Room Group

Design and Technology/GCSE

I recently got told that I was awarded a grade 9 for my D&T coursework (NEA) and I was wondering how many marks I need in the written exam to secure that grade 9. Replies are much appreciated.
BABAA9A9-943C-46CD-AF51-DD11385EC843.jpegHere are the grade boundaries for 2022 but I’m not sure if having a grade 9 in the non-exam assessment (my coursework) will lower the marks I have to further attain during the written exam I will partake in June.
Original post by Theunderdog101
I recently got told that I was awarded a grade 9 for my D&T coursework (NEA) and I was wondering how many marks I need in the written exam to secure that grade 9. Replies are much appreciated.
Reply 2
Hi do you mind attaching your DT NEA please. I need some help with mine

You should ask for the exact score out of 100. For instance, if the grade boundary for this yr is 85% and you got 85% on the NEA for a 9, then you will need to do equally well on the exam. I got 96 for the NEA so i know I can't do horribly but I can slightly underperform to still get a 9 yk
Reply 4
BABAA9A9-943C-46CD-AF51-DD11385EC843.jpegHere are the grade boundaries for 2022 but I’m not sure if having a grade 9 in the non-exam assessment (my coursework) will lower the marks I have to further attain during the written exam I will partake in June.

I do DT as well but i do CIE IGCSE so it's a bit different. my teachers have said to look at 2019 boundaries instead of 2022 bc they would be closer to how the boundaries will be this year. I know that for my exam board the total marks to get a 9 in 2019 (including coursework and the 2 exams) was like 171 out of 200

Quick Reply

Latest