The Student Room Group

A-Level AQA Computer science NEA

Hi there, I just wanted to ask how the plagiarism system works for NEA.

Currently, I'm writing up the report section of the NEA and I've been sort of following the structure of the NEAs that have got high marks.

Will that be considered as plagiarism even if I re-write everything in my own words?

Thanks in advance
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
If you had your own idea, did your own analysis, created your own design and implemented it before testing and evaluating all of that, then you have nothing to worry about.

You seem to be asking the question at what point do I start cheating? Ask yourself the question, what point does an athlete become a cheat? When they only take a little bit of muscle enhancing drug or a lot?

I think you know if you have cheated or not.
Plagiarism is the act of using or presenting someone else's work as your own without giving credit to the original author. It is important to avoid plagiarism in any academic work, including your NEA.

When it comes to writing the report section of your NEA, it's common to look at examples of previous high-scoring projects for guidance and inspiration. However, it's important to ensure that you re-write everything in your own words and properly cite any sources that you use.

It is important to recognise that plagiarism can be found in even incredibly small sections, which will be reviewed.
How do you get to see examples of high scoring projects?
Reply 4
AQA official website idk ? not sure but IDK if you in year 13 but im in year 12. So my computer science teacher is one of the markers for AQA and 1 of the 10 actually and said in 2021 someone got full marks 75/75 in NEA. He said it was 200 pages of analysis + 200 pages of code. It was a swim club website so users had their own account. Some the **** how he got full marks even tho it wasnt very complex and apparently the exam board took it for samples to show it around as well.
Original post by laurahiller1001
How do you get to see examples of high scoring projects?

theres a specification on the website, i overcomplicated mine and realised to late that i focused on adding as many features in the project as possible instead of garbage that the examiners want to see, i ended up getting 67/75 but just stick to the mark scheme and you'll get high marks.
Reply 6
Original post by tedkazcynski
theres a specification on the website, i overcomplicated mine and realised to late that i focused on adding as many features in the project as possible instead of garbage that the examiners want to see, i ended up getting 67/75 but just stick to the mark scheme and you'll get high marks.

Ok, what did you get as final grade ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending