The Student Room Group

Intense pull towards a work colleague

Hi, I was looking for some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

There's a work colleague I feel an intense pull towards, like I've known him forever but don't. When he's around everything feels better and when he's not there I'm missing his presence. We make eye contact all the time, I want to be in his presence / he stands close to me. He mirrors quite a bit of the things I do, if I wear my hair down or do something different he notices straight away. I had the confidence to speak to him recently, he's lovely, I let him help me lift stuff and I accidentally touched his hand 😳

He has a girlfriend, with quite similar interests as me, what should I do? Or what is this? Would he feel this too?

Many thanks for the help in advance! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
He has a girlfriend, what should I do?

Nothing.
If he dumped his girlfriend to be with you / cheated on his girlfriend to be with you, how comfortable would you be in the relationship knowing that he’s the sort of person to do that and might do the same thing to you?

As @StriderHort says, do nothing. That doesn’t stop you being his friend but, beyond that, nothing.
You do nothing because he’s taken.
Reply 4
Yes thanks for the clarification. Obviously I wouldn't like that happening to either one of us but I'm curious he would definitely feel the pull too?
Yes thanks for the clarification. Obviously I wouldn't like that happening to either one of us but I'm curious he would definitely feel the pull too?

Not necessarily, but even if he did so what? He’s got a girlfriend so please stop obsessing over this guy.
I'm curious he would definitely feel the pull too?

No, such a thing is far from definite, even before the fact you are asking strangers who don't know him.
Reply 7
Wait till they split up, then pounce

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending