The Student Room Group

Borneo or Belize?

I’m looking for a bucket list type trip for my boyfriend and I next year. My boyfriend loves jungle and I love the beach and I’ve received a quote for a Borneo and beach trip. I’ve also received a quote for a Belize jungle and beach trip, Belize being lots cheaper but I just don’t know if Belize is like the English Spain and it’ll be full of tourists!

Could I have votes please - would you rather go to Borneo or Belize?
Original post by Amydesigns1104
I’m looking for a bucket list type trip for my boyfriend and I next year. My boyfriend loves jungle and I love the beach and I’ve received a quote for a Borneo and beach trip. I’ve also received a quote for a Belize jungle and beach trip, Belize being lots cheaper but I just don’t know if Belize is like the English Spain and it’ll be full of tourists!

Could I have votes please - would you rather go to Borneo or Belize?

I've not been to Belize so can't compare but I have been to the Malaysian state of Sabah on Borneo. There were plenty of beaches but for us the jungle was the bigger attraction. You could climb Mount Kinabalu in 2/3 days and/or visit the Sepilok orangutan sanctuary. Take mosquito nets with you :wink:.

Quick Reply

Latest