The Student Room Group

What needs prioritising in my life right now?

I spend way too much money on holidays - but I really do love to travel and my mindset is that there are so many beautiful places on this planet, I want to go and visit them before I get old - my boyfriend is getting tired of it tho and constantly says do we really need to go away again’…but all I can think about when I work is where we should next travel to. I basically work to look forward to the holiday

But we’re 24 and we both want children by the time we are 30. We want to get married ( that’s down to my bf to propose at some point within the next 4 years) but we have to factor in enough money for a wedding, engagement ring etc. And also we need to buy a house within the next 4 years too!

The house is probs the most important thing but then once you buy a house, you marry, have kids and you can’t exactly go travelling round south east Asia / Africa with babies!

I know life doesn’t go in a certain order but I just don’t know what to prioritise in our life!

But do you think the holidays can wait for a few years? As in can you take a baby to Borneo or Thailand and still have a good time?
Girl with all due respect chill out! If bf is saying that he's clearly not enjoying it at the moment! You can always take kids around with you, save up the money for wedding & kids & holiday again in a little while <3
Reply 2
If you want a proposal in the next 4 years you can make it to your boyfriend, not wait on the other way round.

Is your boyfriend fed up of travel or of the money being spent? If the former you can go on holiday solo, and if you have children he can look after them.

You both need to sit down, discuss your plans, sort out anything that doesn't align and see how you can finance them.
I'd be more worried about your mindset. You seem to believe that it's a certainty that this guy is going to propose to you, get married, buy a house with you, and have kids with you. You're setting yourself up to be absolutely devastated since you're imagining a future that is far into the future. Have fun together. The future is always uncertain.
Reply 4
Jesus. You know who you should speak to about this? Your partner. But you already know that so why are you asking strangers on the Internet? 🤔
Reply 5
Original post by Mentalhealth*12
I'd be more worried about your mindset. You seem to believe that it's a certainty that this guy is going to propose to you, get married, buy a house with you, and have kids with you. You're setting yourself up to be absolutely devastated since you're imagining a future that is far into the future. Have fun together. The future is always uncertain.

No he is the one - 100%. We already live together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending