The Student Room Group

Guilty for spending money on birthday

I have anxiety and depression so get disability benefits. It's my birthday today and I have spent £75 on presents for myself. I give half my benefits to my mum so why do I feel so guilty for spending I just feel like I should be saving up And not buying useless pretty things.
Original post by Squirrelbabe
I have anxiety and depression so get disability benefits. It's my birthday today and I have spent £75 on presents for myself. I give half my benefits to my mum so why do I feel so guilty for spending I just feel like I should be saving up And not buying useless pretty things.

First and foremost have a wonderful birthday may it be a day filled with eternal peace, joy and blessings. Secondly, there’s nothing wrong on spoiling yourself especially on your special day and Lastly, unless it’s your choice why do you have the entitlement to give it to your mother if saving up is something that you wish to do why don’t you spend where you want to spend and save the rest until your next payment?
Reply 2
I choose to give my mum the money. It is keep for living with her so bills food. Also if I see her struggling I happily give it to her especially if I am not using it, it only goes back to the house and food anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest