The Student Room Group

Other Qualification type UCAS

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering an issue with my UCAS application concerning my education history. Since I completed lower secondary school (which is equivalent to GCSE qualifications in the UK) in the Czech Republic, there isn't a specific qualification type that matches what I received on UCAS. After conducting some research, I found that I can input "other" in the qualification search bar and choose "Other EU International qualification." However, I've run into a problem in the "Exam" column, which has a character limit of only eight. Consequently, I'm unsure how to input the name of my lower secondary graduation exam, as it exceeds this character limit.

Furthermore, I'm curious to know whether it's necessary to include details of my lower secondary education, or if it's sufficient to provide information about my high school education alone.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Reply 1
The UCAS system isnt very friendly for non-UK qualifications.

Ensure that you have entered the overall name of the qualification correctly (Maturita?) and, if you can, the names of the individual subjects taken within this, and if any Uni wants clarification on any other details they will email you. Usually Unis will only be interested in your senior qualifications - the equivalent of A levels. If you are still having problems with this, just phone UCAS and ask for their advice.
UCAS has most european qualifications listed. To find them you need to search for the name of the country you studied in not the name of the qualification.

If your GCSE equivalents weren’t formal, externally marked/grades exams then they wouldn’t normally be included in your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending