The Student Room Group

EPQ ideas

i've been thinking of doing my epq on something related to the neuroscience and/or psychology behind formula 1 drivers and have so far, settled on the biopsychology behind formula 1 drivers.

would that be too broad and if yes, how would you suggest i narrow it down?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by caprisunx
i've been thinking of doing my epq on something related to the neuroscience and/or psychology behind formula 1 drivers and have so far, settled on the biopsychology behind formula 1 drivers.

Hi @caprisunx,
To start your EPQ idea sounds amazing! As someone who has previously completed a successful EPQ, I would advise researching 'the biopsychology behind formula 1 drivers' to see how much information is out there on it. If the topic is too broad you will know based on if you feel overwhelmed with information and potential discussion points. If this is the case then perhaps try to mindmap all the different branches in which this topic can be split up. From here you can select a manageable amount of branches that perhaps can be grouped together. In contrast, if you've narrowed it down too much you may feel like your struggling as to what you should discuss. Additionally, I would advise reaching out to your EPQ supervisor to ask their opinion on it because they may have supervised EPQ's before, so will have a sense of what scope of topic is satisfactory for the criteria.
All the best of luck.
Megan ( University of Lincoln Geography BSc(Hons) Graduate)
Reply 2
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hi @caprisunx,
To start your EPQ idea sounds amazing! As someone who has previously completed a successful EPQ, I would advise researching 'the biopsychology behind formula 1 drivers' to see how much information is out there on it. If the topic is too broad you will know based on if you feel overwhelmed with information and potential discussion points. If this is the case then perhaps try to mindmap all the different branches in which this topic can be split up. From here you can select a manageable amount of branches that perhaps can be grouped together. In contrast, if you've narrowed it down too much you may feel like your struggling as to what you should discuss. Additionally, I would advise reaching out to your EPQ supervisor to ask their opinion on it because they may have supervised EPQ's before, so will have a sense of what scope of topic is satisfactory for the criteria.
All the best of luck.
Megan ( University of Lincoln Geography BSc(Hons) Graduate)

hii megan,

thank you very much for your advice, i'd definitely talk to my supervisor. :smile:

i have done some preliminary research to get a gist of the amount of resources available for my topic and there isn't actually much on biopsychology but there are plenty of resources on the neuroscience and psychology of it seperately, i was thinking of using those resources to form my dissertation.

what do you think of that, would it be okay?
hii megan,

thank you very much for your advice, i'd definitely talk to my supervisor. :smile:

i have done some preliminary research to get a gist of the amount of resources available for my topic and there isn't actually much on biopsychology but there are plenty of resources on the neuroscience and psychology of it seperately, i was thinking of using those resources to form my dissertation.

what do you think of that, would it be okay?

Hi @caprisunx,
In my opinion, that sounds like a good idea because by pulling those two resources together you will be filling a research gap in that field that hasn't been done before, which you can mention, but certainly discuss this with your supervisor to confirm.
Best wishes
Megan
Reply 4
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hi @caprisunx,
In my opinion, that sounds like a good idea because by pulling those two resources together you will be filling a research gap in that field that hasn't been done before, which you can mention, but certainly discuss this with your supervisor to confirm.
Best wishes
Megan

thank you very much megan, good luck for your future endeavours too :smile:

This might be a starting point? There are some links at the end that give some published research of biopsychology and formula 1 drivers, so that might be useful. Good luck, it sounds a brilliant topic!
https://createanessay4u.wordpress.com/2022/04/13/formula-1-drivers-as-athletes-the-biopsychological-perspective/
Reply 6
Original post by sailhorsegirl
This might be a starting point? There are some links at the end that give some published research of biopsychology and formula 1 drivers, so that might be useful. Good luck, it sounds a brilliant topic!
https://createanessay4u.wordpress.com/2022/04/13/formula-1-drivers-as-athletes-the-biopsychological-perspective/

hii,

thank you very much for you help, i will definitely look into those links!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending