The Student Room Group

Medicine Artefact EPQ

I was wondering if I could get some advice,,
I really really really want to do an artifact for my EPQ (i think i would acc kms if i had to write a super long essay).
I would also like to link it to medicine.

My current ideas are something along the lines of:
How have cultures influenced medical practices throughout history?
How have illustrations/art influenced the practice of medicine?

Basically I just wanna draw old medical illustrations and somehow make that into an EPQ. Kind of like an art gcse thing where you would research an artist, in this case a certain era, and then just re-create/ develop ideas.
I think I'm just not sure whether a book with annotations/ explanations of different medical practices throughout history is enough?? I feel like it would be too passive of a project, and that it doesn't have a clear goal? But I'm not really sure what else to do?
My EPQ teacher said my ideas are fine but no offense to my school apparently she's notorious for being way off for prediction grades, and I don't need that negative energy near me cos I'm already dead paranoid of getting a bad grade which would just smash my life into many, many smithereens.
I feel like I might just end up doing EPQ for the crack and then dropping it if I'm not 100% convinced of getting a good grade.

Thank you if you have made it this far, would acc love to hear suggestions/ previous experiences / advice
Hi,I am currently in the same situation and have very similar ideas. Did you end up doing this or went for an essay/ decided not to do EPQ?
Original post by AmberMedicine
Hi,I am currently in the same situation and have very similar ideas. Did you end up doing this or went for an essay/ decided not to do EPQ?

any advice on an artefact?
Reply 3
Original post by hmangaihi
I was wondering if I could get some advice,,
I really really really want to do an artifact for my EPQ (i think i would acc kms if i had to write a super long essay).
I would also like to link it to medicine.

My current ideas are something along the lines of:
How have cultures influenced medical practices throughout history?
How have illustrations/art influenced the practice of medicine?

Basically I just wanna draw old medical illustrations and somehow make that into an EPQ. Kind of like an art gcse thing where you would research an artist, in this case a certain era, and then just re-create/ develop ideas.
I think I'm just not sure whether a book with annotations/ explanations of different medical practices throughout history is enough?? I feel like it would be too passive of a project, and that it doesn't have a clear goal? But I'm not really sure what else to do?
My EPQ teacher said my ideas are fine but no offense to my school apparently she's notorious for being way off for prediction grades, and I don't need that negative energy near me cos I'm already dead paranoid of getting a bad grade which would just smash my life into many, many smithereens.
I feel like I might just end up doing EPQ for the crack and then dropping it if I'm not 100% convinced of getting a good grade.

Thank you if you have made it this far, would acc love to hear suggestions/ previous experiences / advice

how did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending