The Student Room Group

Computer science advice ? First bsc

Hi,
I just turned 22 and am starting my first degree(bit late I know) but previously I was on the networking and architecture route and was doing an apprenticeship. I finished this but came to realisation that it wasn’t what I was searching for long term in terms of career path after finishing my A levels.
So my 6th form didn’t run computer science at A levels, I had to do IT instead in which I came out with a distinction* since it was pretty easy in my opinion… just taught me basic html/JavaScript at the end of the day.
However it’s been quite some time… I worked with developers on a daily in the workplace assisting them with systems they use, etc and overall collaborated with them fairly well however my coding knowledge has fallen behind quite a fair bit id say since A levels/GCSE. What would be the best way to get accustomed/learn quick to not be screwed over in uni once it starts, I see there will be some group work in coursework however I don’t want to be that guy who’s just trying to score an easy pass in a module from peers… I’ve seen code academy, other ways to re-learn quickly but don’t know where to start to be quite frank my last computer science qualification was at gcse where I got an A and enjoyed the subject a lot.
Uni starts in 20 days but I’m still a bit scared of the maths for comp sci, coding projects but ready to study to catch up.
Any advice would be appreciated
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending