The Student Room Group

Surrey Vs Reading

Hey guys, i got an offer from both university of Surrey and university of reading for BSC Computer science and I'm confused which one should i pick. Could you guys please suggest me which should i pick and why🤔? Thanks.
Anyone studying bsc computer science in one of those two universities please help me😊!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
I'd go to Reading because it's ranked only slightly less than Surrey and Reading is an older university (1892 v 1966) so has more aesthetic appeal and prestige to me. Reading is also known for work in robotics. University of Surrey's roots actually go back to 1891, as a polytechnic, but University of Reading used to be a constituent college of the University of Oxford.

Reading has more famous alumni too - poet Wilfrid Owen, politician Penny Mordaunt, sportsman James Cracknell. Surrey has.. fashion designer Wayne Hemingway.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 010M
Hey guys, i got an offer from both university of Surrey and university of reading for BSC Computer science and I'm confused which one should i pick. Could you guys please suggest me which should i pick and why🤔? Thanks

Guildford is not a great place to live - have you visited both unis?

Which course do you prefer?
Reply 3
Reading - better 'techie' Uni, and Surrey/Guildford is expensive.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79

I live here in reading 😃 and i have visited university of reading but not Surrey. And I'm confused which uni should i choose. Even if i choose Surrey I am commuting from reading. So i want a suggestion in terms of costs, facilities, opportunities, environment. Thank you 😀 and I'm doing bsc computer science
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 5

I'm doing bsc computer science
Reply 6
Original post by 010M
I live here in reading 😃 and i have visited university of reading but not Surrey. And I'm confused which uni should i choose. Even if i choose Surrey I am commuting from reading. So i want a suggestion in terms of costs, facilities, opportunities, environment. Thank you 😀 and I'm doing bsc computer science

Reading is better for CS - where else have you applied?
Reply 7

I've applied to surrey, reading, royal Holloway, brunel and west London for incase
Reply 8

But either Surrey or reading is my first choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending